Grinding noise and watermarks

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
CLLee

Hi guys,

I have a black 2010 XLS CVT. It has done about 11000kms now.
Loving the car, but 3 issues are starting to concern me.
I'm wondering if anyone in Australia is sharing similar problems.

1. Watermarks
Let me begin by saying that car detailing is a passionate hobby. The car is washed very very regularly, parked carefully, and bird poo/tree sap removed immediately. The paint is layered by a very durable sealant.

However, ever since new, water seems to mark very easily on the paint. Mostly rain water, as I dry the car instantly after washing. The following pics shows the marks that has accumulated over 5 months.

In addition, every type of stains seem to leave a mark on the paint.
I'm in the process of eliminating probable causes.

Is anyone else, esp those with dark colours noticing the same problem?
Just trying to see if the Kizashi's soft paint has anything to do with this.

2. Grinding noise after initial start up - appeared after about 8000km
After starting up the car for the first time on most days, after idling for about 10-20secs, some sort of grinding noise appears from the rear. It sounded something like the low vibration caused by the CVT at very low rpm. Called the service centre and they have not heard of such symptoms.

I hope I can replicate it when I bring the car in for the 15,000km service.
It's driving fine, and this only happens at the first start up.

3. Random dash rattle.
I've noticed a number of different rattles coming from the dash, and usually they come in at different times (not all together... pheeewww).
One is a 'static' buzz that seems to go in tune with the car's acceleration/braking. Then there's the occassional 'plastic clunk' that seems to come from the passenger side air vent.
On a hot day, when the aircond is at full blast, I can hear some rattle coming from inside the vents at the start.

Would appreciate it, if you guys could keep an eye on these and let me know.

Thanks again.
~tc~

Not in Australia, but can confirm #1 on my black SLS, and my words are the same as yours - the paint doesn't seem "hard". All kinds of stuff sticks to it - and hard - it's very difficult to remove, even with clay bar. Waxing has not seemed to help a whole lot.

Really wishing I had gotten the white
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
OzzieKizzy

Hi CLlee

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm in Australia and have the Silver, only done 6000kms but havent come across marks in the paint as yet :?

The photos look like it has even left marks on the windscreen as well, is that correct? It does seem very strange indeed. Have you contacted your dealer at all?
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
Shaneous

I have a black xls - paint sucks. I have some sort of deformity down the passenger side rear pillar, small chips easily appear, and even with protection, the paint absorbs anything and everything almost instantly. The only reall issues I have with mine are the gripes with the paint and the lcd screen on the RF stero (screen too small / text too big).
CLLee

Thanks for the replies guys... :)

Yes... the texts are too big. I listen to mostly classical music (music teacher), and sometimes it can hardly show the name of the composer himself, let alone the entire title of the piece.
I'm thinking of changing it to an aftermarket LCD GPS/DVD screen later when more options are available.

I will bring up #2 (grinding noise) at the next service.

Not sure about the rattles. Last thing I want is to have them remove the dash and cause more/louder rattles.

The water markings are on the rear window as well. It's weird. Washing can't remove them.
I might give claying a try the next time I wash the car.
This weekend, I'm getting the entire bonnet, side mirrors and front guard covered with protective film. That should help.
Minority

I have a silver SLS and although I don't seem to have your watermark problem (and of course black would show that up more than any other colour!), the paint seems very susceptible to scratches. The paint, or clearcoat, almost seems "soft" for want of a better description.
OzzieKizzy

I wonder if anyone with a black 2011 model is having the same issues? Does anyone know if they changed the paint for the 2011 after hearing all the paint issues on the 2010 models?
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
~tc~

Mine is an '11
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
CLLee

Here's an update on #2 - Weird mechanical rattle from under the engine bay.

Posted this on the Tech Support section:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1199

I'm making arrangements to have the car repair by the dealer.

Seriously, I hope this get sorted out soon, and no more dramas in the future, esp with the reliability of the car. When I bought this car, my plan was to keep it for a long time.
Now, I'm already thinking about selling this and buying something else.

My 2005 Mazda6 with almost 200,000km has less problems or rattles than this 6 month old Kizashi with just 12,000km.
willkizashi

Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like hard water stains, Have you guys ever used that Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash. It statically charges the water so that it repels itself off the body of the car somehow. Tried it on my XL-7 that is Dark Burnt Red and it seemed to make a noticable difference. We have extremely hard, calcium rich water around here and it does a number on most home car washers with water spotting problems. Hope it helps.
2010 Kizashi GTS / 2005 XL-7 / 1969 Chevelle / 1981 Honda Cafe Racer.