Grinding noise and watermarks

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
~tc~

I loved the Mr clean autodry caraway, but it broke and I haven't been able to find another one!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
chazyouwin

Definitely looks like water-stains to me - that's what you get here in NJ USA when the neighbor waters his lawn. If you use tap water to wash the car, make sure it is completely dry. Another possibility is some pollutant-contaminant coming down in the rainwater, but my suspicion is simply hard water.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
CLLee

I'm suspecting hard water too.

The car is always hand washed by me, and dry immediately.
But occasionally, when the car is very dirty between wash, I drive it to those self-serve car wash and give it a quick hose down and then drive off.
I suspect that's the culprit. I've stopped doing that.
Trailboss

A guy that I work with has spent several years in the detailing industry, and has 4 cars, all heavy on the drool factor, each one is immaculate whenever he brings them to work by using de-ionized water to wash his cars.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... d=11201522
topcat45

Hi Lee, not sure if my problem is related but I had a rattle noise from under the car that went away after a few Kms. The foreman at my dealer workshop had a theory that it might be a loose baffle in the muffler & when the car got to op temp it would go away. He had seen this a few times but not with a Kizashi. They replaced the centre muffler & no more rattle.
CLLee

topcat45 wrote:Hi Lee, not sure if my problem is related but I had a rattle noise from under the car that went away after a few Kms. The foreman at my dealer workshop had a theory that it might be a loose baffle in the muffler & when the car got to op temp it would go away. He had seen this a few times but not with a Kizashi. They replaced the centre muffler & no more rattle.
Thanks mate. I should have updated this (I think I posted in the tech area)... sorry.

There...
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1199

Suzuki found the problem after leaving the car overnight. It was a loose gasket in the exhaust system. Something similar to yours? Replaced under warranty.
Fuel economy improved instantly as well...
jj351

Re paint . I have a red one 2010 model . Chips are appearing everywhere . Went to Suzuki only to be told they are stone chips . No way . Judging by your posts the 2010 model seems to be the one with issues ??