Optional Daytime Running Lights - anyone got them?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

Apparently Suzuki Australia has a new style DRL out - it looks "interesting" and appears like it might replace the entire fog light? I'm not sure if it can be retro fitted to the older non Sport front bars?

http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... light-kits

It could make life interesting here given the strict laws/ fines regarding not using fog lights during the daytime/ "only during inclement weather". Most people would assume they were fog lights...

I'm also assuming you lose the fog light capability by fitting them?

It would make more sense to enable the USA style high beam DRL circuitry.
David
bkcheong

murcod wrote:Apparently Suzuki Australia has a new style DRL out - it looks "interesting" and appears like it might replace the entire fog light? I'm not sure if it can be retro fitted to the older non Sport front bars?

http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... light-kits

It could make life interesting here given the strict laws/ fines regarding not using fog lights during the daytime/ "only during inclement weather". Most people would assume they were fog lights...

I'm also assuming you lose the fog light capability by fitting them?

It would make more sense to enable the USA style high beam DRL circuitry.
I've made some inquiries and my dealer can get them for me at the "special" price of $350 ( RRP 425) a set! :lol:

Apparently, they can be retrofitted to my XLS model. Obviously, I'll have to remove my existing fog lights to fit these ones. But at 350 a set, they're very expensive. Plus the wiring, I guess, would be different and I wouldn't be able to tackle that myself.
murcod

They just don't look right to me. A rectangular LED array in a round fog light housing isn't a good look.
David
bootymac

murcod wrote:They just don't look right to me. A rectangular LED array in a round fog light housing isn't a good look.
Agreed. Cool development for the Kizashi but definitely looks like a poorly executed afterthought.

Regardless I'm interested in how they're wired!
murcod

Don't forget we don't have the USA style high beam DRL's- there's nothing in the way of DRL's on the stock Aussie models. So these would most likely just be tapped into an IGN ON circuit in the engine bay.

(I assume you lose the fog light functionality so it would be a retrograde step in some ways. Or perhaps they're a combined fog/ DRL? That would be cool.)
David
aranciata-oz

stevesharpe57 wrote:My kizzy
This is really good news to see these Philips 4-DRL fit so nicely in the Kishi (what's the shortform for the Kizashi BTW?)

I just bought an MY14 Prestige Sport - pretty happy all round, just finding my way around the thing.

One lacking thing was DRL's, but I had these Philips 4 DRL installed in my 2009 Sonata back in 2012 and it's been brilliant - they're very robust things, clean looking and very smart in their operation.

Can't wait to get these same 4 DRL's now for my new beast here .... thanks Steve for posting the photo!
2013 MY14 Kizashi Sport Prestige (Auto)