Optional Daytime Running Lights - anyone got them?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

I think there might be missing circuitry? (Although I haven't looked into it fully).
I believe to get their DRL function the main beam bulbs are pulse width modulated to give a lower intensity light.
David
murcod

Okay, it is feasible to remove the fog light bezels from underneath. The front under tray can be removed (with some fiddling) and then there is a central screw holding the fog light bezel. Once that is removed there are multiple tabs that need to be released while "working" loose the bezel.

However, it is very easy to remove the entire bumper with grille, fog light bezels and all still attached. About ten odd screws/ bolts in various places and then unclipping it.

I've got the Daylight8's mounted into the bezels and am happy with the look. Being black when off they're virtually unnoticeable. I still need to refit the bar and complete the wiring. While I'm at it I'll be adding some Osram Diadem indicator bulbs and upgraded Osram Nightbreaker H7 low beam bulbs. (Left overs from previous vehicles, so I might as well fit them.)
David
murcod

Not as bright as I had anticipated, probably due to the black background. Other lights usually have built in reflectors around the LEDs. They do tend to take on a bluey tinge when in the dimmed mode (ie. when the headlights are on.)
David
bkcheong

Looking very nice!!
topcat45

murcod wrote:I noticed this on the Suzuki Aus website and was wondering if anyone has got them (or even priced them?)

Dealer in Liverpool, Sydney quoted me $600ish. I doubt they will sell many

http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... g/overview

Being silver my Kizashi isn't that noticeable on darker days, so I want to add some (legal) daytime running lights. I can buy Philips Daytime 4 lights for around $100, but they're going to be a bit hard to integrate into the front bumper bar - and I don't want something just "tacked on"...

Oh yeah, I've got the Touring model so no fog lights to worry about. Suzuki seem to say the DRL's will fit with fog lights, but I can't see how?
murcod

An update on this DRL kit.... I noticed recently something bizarre while sitting in the car listening to the radio (IGN set to ACCessories position, ie. without the engine running) - while I happened to be parked facing a large shop window. The DRL's caught my attention in the window reflection as they were flashing rhythmically on/off/on/off doing all sorts of funky morse code type signals :oops: . (Nothing quite like a vehicle doing that in a carpark to gain the attention of everyone in the area- no doubt assuming I was doing it on purpose. :oops: )

A bit of Googling showed up there are a few issues with the Philips DRL kits and similar unwanted behaviour; due to the simplistic nature of the wiring connections. Only three wires are used : battery positive, earth and tail light signal. The "black box" determines from the battery voltage if the DRL's should be on :roll: and it clearly has problems doing so! In the USA people can contact Philips and get an updated control module with an extra accessories wire input. Philips Australia don't even seem to acknowledge the DRL kits exist and mine was an Ebay purchase (ie. originating from who knows what country.) So I didn't like my chances of contacting them and receiving a replacement control module. Anyway, to cut the story short, I tried connecting the battery positive terminal wire to a switched IGN ON power source- and that appears to have fixed the problem. :)
David
stevesharpe57

My kizzy
Attachments
Drl (phillips daylight 4 carbon fibre bumper cap swapped lower grille for cross hatch (awd) replaced Parker's with led
Drl (phillips daylight 4 carbon fibre bumper cap swapped lower grille for cross hatch (awd) replaced Parker's with led
image.jpg (257.34 KiB) Viewed 13644 times
Wonson92

stevesharpe57 wrote:My kizzy
Is that the rrm bumper cap? Looks great.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

stevesharpe57 wrote:My kizzy
Looks good. Where did you get that clear hood deflector? I have not seen those sold in North America. The OEM accessory hood deflector I have was even made in Australia, but there was no clear one offered with the "Kizashi" name on it like yours.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
stevesharpe57

Carbon fibre bumper cap from road race , bonnet protector from suzuki Australia