5 Year Extended Warranty.

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

Has anyone else received a letter from Suzuki Australia extending their factory warranty to 5 years? I got one today- the only condition is it must be serviced by a Suzuki dealer.
I noticed on Carsales when I bought mine 3 weeks ago a couple of dealers had a 5 year warranty mentioned on the advert, but nothing was mentioned to me during the sale.
David
~tc~

Comes with 7 yr/100,000 mi power train warranty standard in the US :)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

Yeah, I know. :x

It's only 3yr/ 100000km here normally- so it's a huge bonus to get that for free.
David
Wonson92

I got 5 yrs when I got mine in dec '11 but its useless. Had radiator problems at the fault of the fault of the service centre. A) they refused a warranty repair as they said I probably did it myself and there was no way to prove it was theitfault b) told me i had to tow my car back to the dealer I got it from, i was about 2-3 hours out of sydney. 1800 worth of towing quoted, had to spend 3 nights in some shit town, they told me if nrma did the repair it would void my warranty. Didnt end up needing repairs as the service centre had left my coolant cap half on half off which caused a tonne of problems. It ended up costing me bout $1000 for accom, pressure tests etc. For some reason the NRMA refunded me the money but Suzuki literally said it wasnt their problem if i damaged my car (which I didnt)

My friend works for mitsubitshi and told me its illegal for a manufacturer to restrict servicing to only their centres as part of the warranty, not sure how accurate that is but he has a lancer and gets service by kmart t&a for half the price.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

I believe it's illegal to specify the service centre for the standard warranty (ie. 3yr 100000km). However, this is for the full 5 years to remain valid.

As long as it's a registered mechanic you should be right for the 3yr warranty. Of course, they can (and most likely would) make your life very difficult if you had an engine failure and were getting it serviced at a non Suzuki workshop.... My theory is : dealer while under warranty, once the warranty expires DIY.

At least with the Kizashi you don't have the highly expensive exercise of changing a timing belt. It's all pretty basic stuff for the servicings so shouldn't be too expensive at the dealer.
David
Wonson92

Oh really? Thats pretty interesting. I really dont like my service centre but I dont have much of a choice. I paid $400 for my 15,000. Quite a lot more than my previous car but that car was a slight heap.

So if i have a 5 year warranty does that mean its the extended? I didnt pay any extra i just said 3 years wasnt much and the salesman said hed give me 5 as the other cars i was considering had 5.
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

Don't know. Did you get any paperwork? I received a letter from Suzuki Australia.
David
Wonson92

Well ive got my 5 yr warranty cerificate but doesnt say extended, it isnt on the item reciept either like my other extras, the thrown in stuff is just displayed like
Fog lamp kit - $0.00
No extended warranty like this though? I might ask id rather go to suzitech if i can.
2011 Premium Silver XL

hocaspocas

I live in the US but I did got an extended warranty with my Kizashi 2011.

Here in the US the standard warranties are:
3 years/ 36000 miles for bumper to bumper.
7/100000 miles for power train.

My dealer included a an extended lifetime warranty for the power train for free. But this one is from a third party company.

Besides that I paid 1000 dollars to bump the bumper to bumper warranty to 7 years/100K miles. This warranty is from Suzuki.

Basically I can run my car and have them repair for everything all the way up 100K miles.
murcod

Yes, it's nice to know if anything goes wrong you won't have to pay out huge sums of money. :) The five years appears to cover the entire vehicle too, not just the power train.
David