KIZASHI AUSTRALIA

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
shaq

Image0239.jpg
the KIZASHI,first day in australia.the car looks very hot
price still to be known.keep you updated guys.
Last edited by shaq on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
mr gee

I managed to swing by my local Suzy dealer today and score a test drive. I am considering this car at year's end.

First of, the car I drove was an XLS with all the bells and whistles.

I have read mostly good things about this car since reading about it from various forums and well, it got me very interested.

We liked the design language of the car as it makes for a very individual looking car.
good road noise and impact suppression from the 18" yoko DBs. However it did make for a slightly woolly feel on centre and steering was heavier than expected for a japanese car.

Acceleration felt average though the speedo did move quite smartly. Maybe its the CVT masking this. Engine sounded rather urgent when pressed but was reasonably quiet in the cruise.

Did not get to test the Rockford Fosgate stereo as it was broken (hope that's not a portent of things to come)

You seat high in the car both driver and passenger and I did not feel totally at ease so perched. The seats themselves were well shaped and felt reasonably comfortable.

The car will probably be better placed as a $30-$35K car. But at it's current price, it needs to displace some very established rivals.
TheHolyGhost

The XLS has HIDs there right? Lucky!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
will2k

I just done the paperwork to get one myself!
The only real competitor for me was the Accord Euro ( Acura TSX ) which to be honest i liked a bit more than the kizashi but it was also $3000 more and Suzuki gave me $1500 more for my trade in than Honda so they basically shot themselves in the foot and gave me no option.

I looked at the Subaru Impreza RS which i liked but 110kw ( 148hp ) let it down. I think the only reason i liked the Impreza was that it looked similar to the WRX which who are we kidding it performs nowhere near as well.

Kizashi XL manual driveaway with metallic paint was $32,000 while the Accord Euro was $34,990.

I got the premium silver metallic pearl and should have it in the next week or 2.

I hope they start bringing out some more mods for this car but for now i will just get 6000k HID low beams and most likely a short ram intake.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
Shaneous

A big hello to everyone from down here in Australia.

Have had a Black XLS Kizashi for approx 4 weeks now. Love this car. It's fantastic. I am yet to see another on the road in my town.. but I am sure there must be more than me!

Sorry to say we do seem to have the same fault with the rockford fosgate audio system down here as the US does (random volume and punch fluctiations). Have had my amp replaced once already but the issue still exiists.

Other than that, this is the most enjoyable and luxurious / well featured car I have ever owned. "It had me at dem-o." :-)

Shaneous
Darryl_H

4 weeks to go before I take delivery of the XLS (black) with CVT.
Bye bye Holden Commodore SV6 (piece of @#$@) - 195kw with zero torque.
Sad when a 4 cylinder feels so much better to drive.

Was a toss-up between a Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel and the Kizashi.
The Mazda was nice to drive, but only available with a manual transmission (I'm over manual cars) with the Turbo Diesel.
Found the Kizashi very responsive in the test drive.
Can't wait to get it!
Shaneous

Darryl_H wrote:4 weeks to go before I take delivery of the XLS (black) with CVT.
Bye bye Holden Commodore SV6 (piece of @#$@) - 195kw with zero torque.
Sad when a 4 cylinder feels so much better to drive.

Was a toss-up between a Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel and the Kizashi.
The Mazda was nice to drive, but only available with a manual transmission (I'm over manual cars) with the Turbo Diesel.
Found the Kizashi very responsive in the test drive.
Can't wait to get it!

heh - I went from a Sv6 (VZ) to a CVT Black XLS as well! Interesting. hope you enjoy it.

Hey.. when you've had it a while, id be interested to know what sort of k's per litre you get.. mine hasn't really improved as much as I'd like (yet) but I do have to contend with flat-to-hills driving on a daily basis.
bcb

Hi guys got a Silver Sport AWD about 2 weeks ago. Great car and no hassles yet but nor should there be.
Still getting used to the CVT and a 4 cylinder engine. This car handles so well and corners so fast. It not the quickest 4 cylinder on the road but i came from a Prado 4L V6 Grande and while that was certainly a very comfortable limo it wasn't super quick.
In fact the Kizashi rides over the harsher bumps with much less of a thud than the Prado did and the Prado had airbag suspension.
So far i'm happy. Pity I can't take her on the beach.
TheHolyGhost

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're liking your Kizashi so far!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
bcb

Had the first service (1000KM) a couple days ago and it seems they don't change the oil. The book says check levels only and the dealer (Zupps Brisbane) have not charged for any oil. Should they have changed the oil cause i thought all new vehicles first get a thinner running in oil which is replaced at the first service.
So by the book, the first oil change is at 15000 KM, that seems a long way away.
I will ask the dealer tomorrow but its always nice to have others experiences.