Kizashi on "The Block"

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

Has anyone else seen "The Block" on Ch9? Suzuki sponsor the show and I was peeved everything except a Kizashi seemed to be on there, but tonight I spotted a customised Kizashi. It's white with black bonnet / roof and black wheels (possibly lowered too?)

I tried Googling and looking on 9msn but can't find any pictures....
David
Wonson92

It's the "Kizashi Karbon" concept/project car. I've sat in it. Completely stock minus carbon fiber look vinyl on the hood roof, wing mirrors, exhausts surrounds and side skirts and also on the interior brushed chrome garnish. Stock suspension, 19" alloys. Cool to get some recognition though:)
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
suzboy

I didn't watch the show but judging from what murcod and wonson92 said it is probably this car below:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/186283/suzu ... on-review/
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
Wonson92

Yep thats it in early stages, they since added the wrap on the hood and changed to different rims, I believe for motorshows.

http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-conte ... 30x418.jpg (as seen on the block at sydney motor show)

Youll find a fair bit on google.
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

Interesting as I found that one- but it's done by Suzuki in QLD. I know they used to be not associated with Suzuki Australia and imported their own vehicles - at least a few years ago that was the case? It didn't have the Karbon decals on the front guards either?
David
Wonson92

Im not sure about the qld business but im almost sure its the same car. Same rims? The suzukis on the block are filmed by Hornsby - My dealer:D if you watched last year they had a swift in melbourne that was modded a bit aswell by some local guy.
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

Here you go http://www.suzukiqld.com.au/ -> from a small link on the bottom LHS of this page http://www.suzuki.com.au/home

Notice in that Caradvice article they also say " the Queensland distributors for the Japanese company have come out with a special edition Suzuki Kizashi Karbon". Perhaps it is the same one- or a similar copy?

(I knew about the separate QLD importer because the wife's Grand Vitara is a QLD model. It even has a different model designation on Redbook. The local SA dealer said they're exactly the same, but imported by a different company - so not listed on Suzuki Aust. computers.)
David
Wonson92

So I dont know if anyone watched the block tonight but it isnt the "karbon" kizashi I dont believe. Sports badges instead of 'Karbon' on the side guards and the interior garnishing looks to still be the chromy stuff and from memory it had the RF sound system at the motorshow but on the show theres no sub and a GPS head unit. Wheels are the same if not, similar, all the vinyl appears to be in the same exterior places
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

I missed it tonight. They've been plugging the GPS nav on the latest Kizashi adverts, so I guess they'd be silly to have the old model on The Block without it fitted.

PS: It would be funny if they had the sub and then tried loading the boot full with renovating goods on national TV. :)
David
Wonson92

I want the gps unit now:(

haha yea, I noticed last night they were actually driving with the boot fully opened, it didn't even appear to be tied in any way, it was bouncing around. They didn't show any external shots of the car this way but you could see it through the rear window from the in car cam. Makes me wonder how the Handles it.
2011 Premium Silver XL