Why would I buy a Kizashi? Review links (Australian)

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Ronzuki

Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Wizzbang

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/new-car- ... 2esqh.html

They favoured the Optima overall which of course I disagreed with, but the Kizashi had the edge in the review when they were testing how they drove (the most important thing!)
2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS 6MT Premium Silver
coref1

I think they should have compared the Optima against the Prestige version myself. It would have taken away the price advantage of the Optima but the Kizashi would still retain "the drivers car" advantage. Personally I think the Kizashi looks better as well but I'm probably biased.
It seems the motoring press in Aus are determined to push Hyundai and Kia for some reason.
cocos3

Awww! The Optima is soul-less by comparison.......and over designed!
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
Wonson92

cocos3 wrote:Awww! The Optima is soul-less by comparison.......and over designed!
Agreed! The kizashis one of the few modern cars with a heart in my opinion.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

I don't care for the Optima's interior too. Feels cheaper than the Kizashi's and the layout is asymmetrical. Checked it out a few times in auto shows. The one Korean car I like is the Hyundai Azera. The Genesis is nice too. Both are significantly more costly than the Optima and Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Bulldogjoe

How could you even think of comparing a Japanese made vehicle with the Korean.
Like many comments made on this Forum the Kizashi has been good to their owners
and also the value. I'm extremely happy with my AWD Sport and would pay a lot more
if I had to. As for the CVT trans. it looks like a lot of manufactures are heading in this
direction Subaru included.
Stodge

I don't mind the optima's interior so much. I like the driver centric dash, which makes sense for me as I'm usually the only one in the car for 90% of the time. Still, nothing matches the sensible layout of the centre console in the Kizashi. How does the Genesis compare? It's twice the price.
SamirD

Bulldogjoe wrote:How could you even think of comparing a Japanese made vehicle with the Korean.
Korean quality can be right on par with Japanese and vice-versa. I've seen it in person on a week-long visit to Seoul. 8-)