Suzuki Australia announces capped price servicing

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
suzboy

I think I will be sticking with my 12 months/15,000km service interval - unless Suzuki tells me otherwise?

I don't think they can make customer who bought their cars prior to May 13 to go with 6 months servicing. Afterall, one of the reasons for me choosing the Kizashi over other cars back then is the relatively long service interval.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
cocos3

I agree with you, suzboy...I was sold on the 15,000k servicing too. Another question to ask my service guys.......

Andrew.
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
coref1

I spoke to my Dealer this afternoon about the change to 6 month servicing. He danced around the question a bit but basically said Suzuki are gradually changing to Toyota's setup of capped price servicing every six months but didn't answer why all of a sudden the Kizashi need to be serviced every six months instead of 12 months. He justified it a bit by saying the option of the interim service has always been there. He also mentioned if I was to stick with 12 month servicing it would be ok. I'm thinking it is just a money grab. With the Suzuki 5 year warranty you have to get your car serviced by the dealer as well.
murcod

Yes, "capped price" sounds cheaper - but is it really? I'm coming up to 10mths and just over 6000km, so the 12mths suits me fine (and it will be before 7500km as well.)

I don't mind paying the dealer for the extra warranty. (Suzuki parts aren't that cheap to replace.... speaking from past experiences with our 2004 XL-7.)
David
coref1

I just did a quick calculation of the first four years of capped price servicing for a Toyota Camry which is $650. For the Kizashi it is $$2084. Big difference.