Wheel alignment from factory

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
CLLee

suzboy wrote: Does Australian dealer servicing do this works during the scheduled service?

I quite enjoy the stiff steering feeling, and so will the steering become lighter when the alignment is corrected?
I doubt every dealer will have an alignment machine. Even if they do, they'll probably charge extra for it.

And on the same topic, my alignment/tyre wear seems fine, but I do notice the steering getting a bit lighter. Like you, I prefer a stiffer feel.

Is it possible to stiffen the steering, while not affecting the other characteristics of the car?
coref1

My Dealer said they're spouse to check and if necessary rotate the tyres but wheel alignment is not covered by the warranty so it's a separate expense. I'll probably get mine done every 12 months. The dealer also sells Toyotas and Kias so I guess that makes them big enough to justify having a machine. The steering usually gets heavier as the tyres wear down but I find in general the Kizashi steering lacks a bit of feel. Maybe when the time comes to replace tyres a different brand maybe worth trying to see if they give more feel.
CLLee it seems strange your steering is getting lighter, the dealers have a habit of pumping up the tyres so if your've had your car in for service lately maybe you need to check the tyre pressure. I've got a Camry that I recently put new tyres on and when I checked their pressure afterwards they were 47psi.
murcod

coref1 wrote:... in general the Kizashi steering lacks a bit of feel. Maybe when the time comes to replace tyres a different brand maybe worth trying to see if they give more feel....
That might be a side effect of the electric power steering system? A lot of new vehicles get bagged for the steering feel with the electric steering systems.
David
CLLee

coref1 wrote: CLLee it seems strange your steering is getting lighter, the dealers have a habit of pumping up the tyres so if your've had your car in for service lately maybe you need to check the tyre pressure. I've got a Camry that I recently put new tyres on and when I checked their pressure afterwards they were 47psi.
I check my tyre pressure every 2 weeks... I keep it at 38psi.
After the last service, the dealer put them down to 34. I quite like it actually. Might play with it the next time I fill up.
coref1

It's worth playing around with the pressures a bit. I find 38 psi is good for the twisty bits but 35 psi is better for highway cruising as the Kizashi sits on the road better.
murcod

I prefer 34psi, I found higher (particularly with the stock rear sway bar) only accentuated the rear end "taking over" in hard cornering. That on the 17" rims in a Touring.
David
heych

I just had my car serviced (31,000kms), and has a wheel alignment for the first time.
Wow, really noticed a difference, sits much better on the road and don't have to fight it around corners or on rough / off-camber roads. I haven't really paid attention to tyre wear, might have a look tonight.
bootymac

heych wrote:I just had my car serviced (31,000kms), and has a wheel alignment for the first time.
Wow, really noticed a difference, sits much better on the road and don't have to fight it around corners or on rough / off-camber roads. I haven't really paid attention to tyre wear, might have a look tonight.
Do you have before and after print outs that you could share?
SamirD

bootymac wrote:
heych wrote:I just had my car serviced (31,000kms), and has a wheel alignment for the first time.
Do you have before and after print outs that you could share?
I'd be interested in seeing these as well. 8-) Aligning these cars seems to be very tricky from people's experience posted here.