New Wave Of Kizashis

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

:lol: Whoever runs the Suzuki.com.au website should be sacked. If you go to the Kizashi page and click on the top blue tab for "Interior", then scroll through to "Premium head unit" and select it (next to the pictures on the right) they still list the Rockford Fosgate system as being applicable to the Prestige and Sport. That was scrapped with the now old MY13 update! (Remember the the debacle Tamsta had with her MY13 Sport AWD?)

There are so many faults on the site it's ridiculous and anybody contemplating buying would be so confused.
David
Stodge

murcod wrote::lol: Whoever runs the Suzuki.com.au website should be sacked. If you go to the Kizashi page and click on the top blue tab for "Interior", then scroll through to "Premium head unit" and select it (next to the pictures on the right) they still list the Rockford Fosgate system as being applicable to the Prestige and Sport. That was scrapped with the now old MY13 update! (Remember the the debacle Tamsta had with her MY13 Sport AWD?)

There are so many faults on the site it's ridiculous and anybody contemplating buying would be so confused.
I get the impression they don't care anymore and are going through the motions.
Wonson92

murcod wrote:Yes, a fancier advert than what I saw. I wonder if they've got the lower suspension as part of the package?
Stuck my head in one at the dealer today whilst I was waiting. Fabric interior, GPS headunit, No sunroof, Auto (didn't ask about manual) Standard suspension, Sports steering wheel.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
CLLee

Body kit?
Wonson92

Yep white kizashi with the 18" rims and the body kit
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

That's a lot of extras for no price increase (actually a price drop as I saw $29990 drive away for the Sport Touring auto.)
David
cocos3

OK. So an email from Suzuki I got yesterday, says from September, the whole Kizashi range has the sports body kit and sits 10mm lower, all on 18in wheels. Touring has the same interior features as before, as have other models...so all on the exterior it seems. Price: 'starting at around $30,000'.

As I said, not unusual to add bits to models after a few years to refresh them...should I have waited 8 months and got that lower grille without the extra work involved? (Murcod!) Haha... But probably wouldn't have paid the great price I did when I bought, on a 'new' model...and 8 months less of driving pleasure... :D

While I know the car riding 10mm lower would improve handling...I've found I've hit the small 'air dams' under the front bumper a lot on steep drives and bumps...so 10mm lower would mean hitting the painted body work...nerve wracking enough approaching some driveways as it is! Do you AWD owners find that a problem?

So we can hope people take notice of the 'new' Kizashi and Suzuki continues to sell well here...and I just have to live with being seen in the 'old' model 8-)

P.S. Touring keeps manual or CVT...Prestige and AWD, CVT only....
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
Wonson92

I wonder if they count the lower body kit for the lower height
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

I don't think I'll miss the 18" wheels- they're great for looks and handling on smooth roads (but smooth roads are few and far between where I live!) I've also pulled into a flat looking driveway and bottomed the front out to the painted bar - got two nice gouges out of that. :(

PS: Ah yes, Cocos3, the irony of me finally getting the mesh grille after 12mths of desperately wanting it, then the next week it's introduced as a stock fit item! Luckily, I much prefer not having the "chrome" everywhere (sport fog light surrounds, side strips on the doors.)
David
cocos3

I agree with you David...never been overly keen on the extra chrome. I'm still going to get the lower grille, looks so good. I'll do what you did and wait for the cars birthday....but I am going to get the raised rear spoiler soon. Sad part is it costs almost as much to send it from the States, (painted), as it costs to buy! So it's going to cost about the same as the lower grille anyway!!! Ah well, all for a good cause...me... :roll:

Andrew
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav