Australian Software Updates

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

I asked the local dealer about software updates for the engine ECU and was told there haven't been any for Australia (ie. nothing similar to the USA for engine "hard to start" ECU update.)

There is only an update for the CVT control unit. So, if you have a CVT it might pay to check if your's has been updated.
David
Shaneous

Hmm I have a CVT. Not 100% sure if its been updated in any services.

Any ideas on what this update achieves?

Thanks for the info!
murcod

No idea, sorry. Perhaps try calling your nearest dealer as they should be able to tell you if you need the update or not.
David
coref1

Had my Kizashi serviced yeaterday and all it said on the invoice was they checked for updates.
Grandpa1951

Hi Guys,
Just been to dealer to book in for 1K service and asked about the CVT firmware update but was told they "no nuthink" about it. Seemed to check out computer for 5 minutes and said there is nothing to his knowledge. Can anyone give me any details to give to the dealer tomorrow.
Regards.
murcod

Perhaps try calling another Suzuki dealer? (Or, the update might only be for older model Kizashi's and your 2013 isn't affected.)
David
coref1

My Kizashi is running fine so I guess as they say "If it aint broke don't fix it". Software updates sometimes cause more problems then they fix anyway.
Grandpa1951

You sound like the missus coref1, lol. Your'e right, don't fix what's not broken. Wise words!!!!. I'll worry when a prob. arises. Five years warranty does give you a sense of relief. Thanks guys for the reality check.