New Melbourne Soon to be owner

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
theunit

Hi Coref1,

thanks mate I've driven it 3 since 2010 cant wait to finally have mine. Quick question for anyone who able to help out. How do i go about running the new car in? My dad says just normal peak hr traffic stop start vary speeds ect.

Does anyone have any other tips for me?

thanks.
murcod

David
theunit

Awesome thanks for that. just the way i did on my Swift.

cheers :)
theunit

ok so i have just got of the phone to my local and the manager told me they dont have any stock of the black one ( saturday was showing stock of the black one ). They also advised me the reason why they were doing it so cheap is because it was a build 2012 but made compliant in 2013.

question i have is there much difference in the 2012 builds to the 2013 builds?

thanks.
murcod

They should have told you that beforehand - not now! It makes a huge difference to retail value (technically it's a 12mth old vehicle) and at resale time.

To give you an idea, I bought mine the same way (2011 build, bought new in 2012) and saved a substantial amount. Drive away (including premium paint), the price I paid was $4000 less than the vehicle's listed RRP (ie. excluding dealer delivery, premium paint and on road costs- so I probably saved $6000?)

The current drive away price in SA for the Prestige is listed as $37990. So, allowing for the lower value of the 2012 model that doesn't leave much value in your trade in. :(
David
CLLee

Unless they made it clear to you during the negotiation that it's a 2012 build car, I would insist on a 2013.
I'm not 100% sure about the specs, I think the new 'Sports" Prestige branding only started recently. Therefore the difference between 2012 and current model 'might' include the body kit or even the GPS/LCD screen.
theunit

ok thanks for your help guys,

I'm not dealing with that car yard anymore. So my hunt continues.
murcod

Good move, if they didn't declare that sort of info best to leave them.

Best of luck. :)
David
coref1

Yeah walk away unless they come crawling with a excellent deal. Too much competition these days to put up with that nonsense.
theunit

yeah thats true guys,

you should see the email i copped from the manager wow the things he said ( If i was a manager It'll be more along the lines of I'm sorry sir here is a black kizashi sports 2013 build for 29k on what we agreed on saturday )

never got this type of this response from any one before. Think i may event take him or that dealer ship to VACC and also to his managers manager.