New Melbourne Soon to be owner

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
theunit

Hi All,

name is Trav from Melbourne. I test drove the Kizashi yesterday and really enjoyed my test drive. I'm currently in negotiation with my local dealer for the Kizashi Prestige so far i'm winning on price fingers crossed he comes down to my number.

anyway was an awesome car felt really good to drive and plenty of options that surprised me.

if all goes well i'll be a new owner of a kizashi prestige in the next week or two.

ps

any other Melbourne kizashi owners out there?
murcod

Welcome. :)

If you're buying new make sure you're getting the latest model upgrade (ie. the new Sport Prestige.) Otherwise knock them down on price even further. ;)
David
theunit

thanks for the welcome,

oh i thought they were two different models the prestige ( only difference this one doesnt have white stitching and AWD ) and the Sports ( which has the AWD and white stitching on the seats )

so if i'm going for the prestige i should bargin for a better price again?

sorry for the questions i'm new to this model car ( currently drive a swift RE1 )

thanks.
murcod

Sorry, I may have confused you. Back earlier this year there was a model change - all the Kizashi's now have "Sport" in their name and all have the body kit/ lowered suspension standard. Previously, only the Sport AWD had the body kit and suspension upgrade.

So, if the Prestige you're looking at has the same body kit as the Sport AWD then it will be the latest upgrade.

Here's the "old" MY13 Prestige model:
http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details ... =0&sdmvc=1

and here's the new MY14 Sport Prestige:
http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details ... =0&sdmvc=1

PS: Suzuki's Australian website is shocking for mistakes, so be careful going off that for specs on each version.
David
theunit

Thanks for the clear up. yes correct the one i have been looking at is the new addtion same as the white one in the pic you have provided.

I find out today/tomorrow if my personal carloan has been approved once i know i'm going back to haggle more on price :)
CLLee

Good to see another Melbourne member.
It's a very rare car here esp in the eastern suburbs.
theunit

Hi CLLee,

thanks for the welcome. I have noticed that as well i dont see many around my area at all maybe once in a blue moon.

good news now is my loan has been approved and now am waiting to see which dealership will give me the best deal.
murcod

Good stuff!

Don't be afraid to push them hard and walk away - I got an excellent deal doing that. They're not that popular, so the dealers won't be keen on letting a customer walk away. ;) Just make sure they've got your contact details.
David
theunit

ok awesome. I have sent of a few nice emails from carsales to random dealers around melboune.

fingers crossed i should have one with in a couple of weeks. not sure if you guys have come across this website at all but they have alot of awesome aftermarket mods available for the kizashi.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... Path=31_49
CLLee

If you're in the east, try Silverstone Suzuki in Doncaster. They are a Volvo dealer and has recently added Suzuki. Not sure about the sales dept, but their service dept is the best I've encountered in terms of customer service and assistance. They might be desperate to sell some cars.

I recently jumped ship to them after randomly going in to ask for a battery. Very helpful. Then proceeded to have my rear suspension fixed under warranty, took 5 days and a free loan car. And didn't pay a cent.