UP DATE GARMIN SAT NAV in 2013 Kizzy

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Tamstaz

Hi All,
Has any one updated the new Garmin Sat nav? Ive had problems trying to get this done. I was told by the sales man that they were updated when the car was serviced....What a crock of shit!!! :roll: not only do they not update it on services - but the guy that sold me the car was fired through dodgy deals!!! I got on to the web site the gamin screen pops up with saying that I need to update -but they want over $100 to do the update! this is just so wrong - I could go and buy a new sat nav and have free life time updates.
Any one have any ideas.??
Thanks in advance.
Tammy :D
red rider

Hi, I have a 2011 SLS AWD Kizashi with the Garmin Navigation, unfortunately, I have to pay @ $100 annually to update the maps in the Garmin. They ship out a micro SD card which you put in a slot and you're good for the year. I don't see any way around it. On a stand alone unit, you could pay for life time updates but I don't believe that's an option for us.
bootymac

red rider wrote:Hi, I have a 2011 SLS AWD Kizashi with the Garmin Navigation, unfortunately, I have to pay @ $100 annually to update the maps in the Garmin. They ship out a micro SD card which you put in a slot and you're good for the year. I don't see any way around it. On a stand alone unit, you could pay for life time updates but I don't believe that's an option for us.
Can you plug the SD card into your computer and see what files are on it? With the file names others may be able to find them online
Tamstaz

Thanks for the replies - will look into it and maybe have another go at the dealership service mob when I go there for the 30 thousand k service.
~tc~

The maps are easy to update via microSD.

Updating every year is a bit crazy IMHO. Stuff doesn't change THAT fast
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
bootymac

~tc~ wrote:The maps are easy to update via microSD.

Updating every year is a bit crazy IMHO. Stuff doesn't change THAT fast
It really depends on where you live and what infrastructure changes are happening. I wish I could update quarterly with all of the changes going on here
SamirD

bootymac wrote:
red rider wrote:Hi, I have a 2011 SLS AWD Kizashi with the Garmin Navigation, unfortunately, I have to pay @ $100 annually to update the maps in the Garmin. They ship out a micro SD card which you put in a slot and you're good for the year. I don't see any way around it. On a stand alone unit, you could pay for life time updates but I don't believe that's an option for us.
Can you plug the SD card into your computer and see what files are on it? With the file names others may be able to find them online
If someone can do this a make an image of the drive, I bet we can just copy it. :o
msanney

I have managed to download the latest Garmin maps (free from a GPS forum) and converted them to an img file. Have copied them to an SD card and inserted into the Garmin Infotainment Unit in my car.

If I look up the map details on the unit it show's the updated map. However, the map stays on the SD card and does not install on the unit. The Garmin Update site states that the maps should load into the unit (allowing the SD card to be removed).

I guess there is an install file I am missing. Does anyone have a Map Update SD card from Garmin? Would like to know what other files are on it apart from the map image.
SamirD

My wife has mentioned that she got the map update message a few times, and we have run into situations where highway interchanges have been re-done and the navi unit was wrong.

If I end up getting the update SD card, I'll share what I know about it.