How many Aussie Kizashi owners are out there?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Shaneous

I've noticed a few more in Adelaide too over the last few months. About time! ;-)
murcod

Hello all. Chalk up another Adelaide owner. ;)

I picked up my new 2011 model Touring 6spd manual in Premium Silver last Saturday.

I noticed a familiar name on here- CLLee - I'm also an ex Mazda 6 owner and recall your name from Oz Mazda Club forums. :D
David
CLLee

murcod wrote:Hello all. Chalk up another Adelaide owner. ;)

I picked up my new 2011 model Touring 6spd manual in Premium Silver last Saturday.

I noticed a familiar name on here- CLLee - I'm also an ex Mazda 6 owner and recall your name from Oz Mazda Club forums. :D
Hey murcod... I remember you from OMC. Rarely visit there anymore. ;)
How are you finding the Kizashi?
murcod

Hi, I wasn't on there much as the Mazda was actually the wife's car. We sold it a few years ago- hated the dark colour and the aircon sucked from day 1. I might have considered keeping it for myself but it was an auto and I don't like them too much. She's got a Suzuki XL-7 - so we now own two Suzukis.

I sold my Renault Sport Clio 182 Cup a few months back- due to needing a bit more space. So the Kizashi has big boots to fill in the handling and performance arena. :lol:

I like it, but am still running it in so not using the full power. Cornering is very nice given the comfy ride and quietness of the interior. I would have liked the next spec level with the sunroof, 18" wheels etc, but second hand low km manuals are rare in SA (and out of my budget new.) However, I couldn't go past the new 2011 manual Touring for the price.

I can't get over how highly geared it is for a six speed. Fourth at 60km/h is about the same revs as my last car was doing in fifth (and it was a five speed!) The engine seems to cope with it nicely and responds well from lower revs. The" litres/ 100km" on the trip computer keeps dropping too, so it looks like it will be very economical.
David
CLLee

Glad to hear you're liking it.
I'm not getting much better fuel economy with my CVT. My own calculation puts it at around 11L/100km (trip computer at 10.6), but I do get stuck in traffic quite a bit in the morning, and half my driving is around suburban streets. I was getting the same figures with the Mazda6... doesn't concern me, nor make me excited.
Stodge

CLLee wrote:Glad to hear you're liking it.
I'm not getting much better fuel economy with my CVT. My own calculation puts it at around 11L/100km (trip computer at 10.6), but I do get stuck in traffic quite a bit in the morning, and half my driving is around suburban streets. I was getting the same figures with the Mazda6... doesn't concern me, nor make me excited.
11L/100km? That's disappointing - my V6 3.0L does that. Wonder if it's a side effect of the CVT's sluggishness off the mark, needing more revs to get moving.
Azztex

Stodge wrote:
CLLee wrote:Glad to hear you're liking it.
11L/100km? That's disappointing - my V6 3.0L does that. Wonder if it's a side effect of the CVT's sluggishness off the mark, needing more revs to get moving.

off the line is an obvious place to look, i can milk it down to 9 if i drive like a nana in 2wd mode
Stodge

Is there really a difference in economy between 2WD and 4WD? I expected similar figures as the car still carries the weight penalty of 4WD, regardless of mode. I'm no expert.
murcod

I'd imagine there would be power lost through the engine driving through the extra tailshaft, rear diff etc. So, in theory it would affect fuel economy.

Mine is reading in the low 10.xl/100km at the moment. It's been dropping from around 17l (!) when I picked it up. I'm impressed because I'm using lower gears given I'm running it in. If I get down into the 9.x l/100km I'll be very happy. (Then it will be very close to what my old Renault Sport Clio got driving the same route, and virtually line ball with my Mum's new Kia Rio - with 1.6l direct injected engine and 6 speed auto.)
David
CLLee

Azztex wrote:
Stodge wrote: off the line is an obvious place to look, i can milk it down to 9 if i drive like a nana in 2wd mode
That's probably the case.
I did manage to drop it to 9+ once. I had the 'fuel economy' meter on screen and was trying not to go over 30L/100km whenever I accelerate.
That's not the way to drive... and I just gave up trying. Now, I just drive and fuel up when needed... :D