How many Aussie Kizashi owners are out there?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
topcat45

Forgot to mention the ebay LED seller has apologised profusely & is sending me a new set. Always pays to buy from a power seller
jj351

Maybe its just me but has anybody else found that the headrests on the front seats bend forward too far to get comfortable ?
topcat45

I agree re the headrests, also both the drivers & passengers in mine keep extending. I am constantly pushing them back into the seat???
bkcheong

I don't have that problem in my car!!
topcat45

Faulty console lid replaced, all good & the dealer called in an upholsterer who took my seat back away & re stitched the silver stitching. Not a perfect match as the original is obviously from Japan but you would need eagle eyes to pick it. I even had the blokes in the service dept asking all about my DIY LED DRL's :)
topcat45

Sorry folks, forgot to ask, has anybody removed either the under door courtesy light cover, number plate light cover or the front interior light cover. I want to put LED globes there but don't want to bust the covers, any ideas ???
CLLee

topcat45 wrote:Sorry folks, forgot to ask, has anybody removed either the under door courtesy light cover, number plate light cover or the front interior light cover. I want to put LED globes there but don't want to bust the covers, any ideas ???
Yup...

Under door courtesy light cover.
Just pry downward gently with a flat head screw driver (end facing the rear of the door).
The hinge of the plastic cover at the forward facing end.

Front interior lights.
Just use a small flat head screw driver and be gentle at the rear facing end.

Number plate light cover.
DO NOT try to remove the covers. They are dead fixed.
You need to go from inside the boot. Remove the boot-lid lining cover (by popping out those fasteners), follow the wiring, gently slide and remove the plastic covers (2 of them, for each globe), and remove the festoon bulbs.

Hope the instructions are clear enough... I don't have any diagrams.
topcat45

Thanks Lee, I will approach the job with kid gloves
jdimech7

Hi Everyone.
Haven't been on here for a while since my original posts, but came across something strange the other week when I was washing my Kizashi'.

When you look under the lip of the boot, just above the Kizashi badge on the driver's side, I found a black plug like strip stuck to the underlip of the boot. You can't see it unless you actually look under the boot lip, or you have the boot lid up and you can see it. To tell you the truth, it looks like someone has just stuck it on almost to fill a gap or void.

Can someone look at their Kizashi and tell me if they have the same thing on theirs?

Thanks guys.

Regards, John.
Minority

jdimech7 wrote:Hi Everyone.
Haven't been on here for a while since my original posts, but came across something strange the other week when I was washing my Kizashi'.

When you look under the lip of the boot, just above the Kizashi badge on the driver's side, I found a black plug like strip stuck to the underlip of the boot. You can't see it unless you actually look under the boot lip, or you have the boot lid up and you can see it. To tell you the truth, it looks like someone has just stuck it on almost to fill a gap or void.

Can someone look at their Kizashi and tell me if they have the same thing on theirs?

Thanks guys.

Regards, John.
It's a blanking plate for the reversing camera and that's exactly where I mounted mine!