How many Aussie Kizashi owners are out there?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
OzzieKizzy

Cheers for the great info CLLee, thats gold! The Mazda looks like it's in top nic!

Shaneous - Wouldnt happen to live round the Modbury area? I saw a black XLS at the Tea Tree Plaza the other night? Which dealer did you see?

I collected mine last night, they "forgot" to put the mats in, so I get them tonight, but other than that, I am a very happy man! Such a great car to drive, feels superb on the road and I just wanna get in it and drive all the time! DAMN YOU WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

My work colleagues are jealous and I think one of them is going to go for a test drive tomorrow!
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
Shaneous

Hi Ozzie

Nahh I'm on the other side of town - nice to know there is another black xls around though. I got mine from Murray Bridge Suzuki (Murray Bridge Motor Co).

Enjoy the Kick-ass-shi!
mad77

OzzieKizzy - I'm hearing you about the Work thing, it's just getting in the way of driving time. When asked the usual Friday question of "What are you up to for the weekend?", my answer was simply "Driving!", hehe, I can't wait to play with it this weekend. My partner has been driving it to and from work since we picked it up on Wednesday so I've only had one drive so far!

We ended up with a Silver CVT XL and added Bluetooth, Reverse Camera, Mats, Bonnet Protector and Headlight Protector, we were pretty stoked with the deal. Are you happy with the Silver? I'm really happy with it, its a great colour. I love black but just came from a black car so thought Silver would be a nice change. I think we will do some after market tinting also. Did you get any extra's other than the Sat Nav? Does the Sat Nav come with Bluetooth?

Shaneous - "Kick-ass-shi"...I hope you don't mind if I use that.
DoohanOK

All,

I'm in Melbourne. I drive a 2011 Black Sport, about 1 month old. I really love it. I test drove pretty much every car in it's class and then some before I committed and whilst the CVT takes some getting used to, this car really does stick to the road like shit to a blanket.

I see a few Kizashi's around my area due to Suzuki Australia being located nearby and a local dealer not too far from home. Don't see too many others once I am away from the local area though.

I showed this pic to a friend at work on Monday morning and by Tuesday morning he was calling in sick to test drive one. He placed his order today so that means that there will be at least one more out there in Melbourne :)

QAdams

Ozzy - Great move on the Kizashi, you'll love it. I'm one of the few Adelaide drivers, had my silver XLS manual since Christmas last year. Drove a few others and they weren't even close. 6 months on and I don't have a bad word to say, I love her like a child. Good move on the bluetooth, only thing I reckon it's missing. I've seen a black one in the North East area and another one near North Adelaide so there must be a few getting around. It certainly gets plenty of looks and comments.

Have any of you guys seen what Suzuki did for some of the Kizashi owners in Vic, sorted out a track day for them and showed off a turbo version. I could not be more envious, any chance of something like that in Radelaide???
Sharkie

HI guys Mark Here

Bought a XL model sliver, had the fog lights fitted as this was a demo model,

what to change the globes on all the light to a brighter bulb, would mind lowering it a bit or getting the sports suspension put on this, handle well but think its need to be a slight lower lol,

put my sub and 6 channel amp into the car, then maybe the led lights, not sure where to place them as yet.

I'm in sydney so also was wondering do where have any cruses etc,

will post pics up soon.
CLLee

~tc~ wrote:How do you use a combination of waxes? Mix and apply simultaneously, or wax with one and then turn around and wax with the other?
OCW is a hybrid (synthetic + carnauba) spray wax. It has better durability and therefore I use it for the bumpers and lower parts of the body. P21s100 is a carnauba wax. Looks awesome and used it for higher panels, esp to highlight the curves.

You could layer waxes of the same type, or carnauba over synthetic, after curing time (48-72hrs). Mixing them up is not a good idea.
OzzieKizzy

Hi MAD77

The sat nav unit is the Kenwood system that they have only just started offering, so it was good timing for me. It's got everything on it, CD, iPod conncetion, DVD & Divx player and also has the bluetooth streaming and calling. I have an iphone 4 and it paired very easily and also transferred all my contacts and even my recent call history, I was very surprised at how easy it was. The stereo really cranks a lot harder with the Kenwood unit and you have full control over the sound with nice little features like equalizer, zone control, position control and you can even adjust the sound to suit the size of the car, pretty sweet! I'll try and get some pics, as the fascia surround they use is very nice and it all looks like it was factory fitted.

The only other options we got was the window tint and the Kizashi mats. Been loving the car, fantastic to drive and very comfortable!!

Only issue I have found is the speedometer says you are going faster than reality, but the sat nav shows your speed, so it's not a biggy.
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
jdimech7

Hi Guys,

I own a RED AWD Sport Kizashi. I live in Melbourne.

I was one of the lucky few that went on the Kizashi drive day in Victoria. It was the only red Kizashi there on the day so you can't miss it.

The day was awesome to put it bluntly. You ahve no idea how good these cars really are. The grip the road like nothing else I have driven.

Just on the turbo one they had there - well we all got a turn at being a passenger in the car with a trained professional instructor - well get this .... he was doing between 180km/h and 200km/h with the TRACTION control on OFF. He didn't lose control of the car once. It was fantastic. The handling of these cars is just great. I didn't realise this before I bought the car. it was a real eye opener for me.

I am still having trouble getting use to the CVT - after the 1st gear change, it always sounds like its droning along and seems sluggish, but when you put the foot down it goes pretty quick.

Also, can someone do me a favour?
Can you please start up your car (after its been sitting cold overnight) and let it warm up for about 2 - 3 minutes until the temperature guage starts to move and listen if you can hear a slight noise coming from the instrumentation panel - it only happens when the car is cold and is warming up - I reakon its the temprature guage moving that is making the sound. Anyway, if someone could just try it for and let me know if they get the same noise. Don't put any airconditioner or climate control on. Just start up the car and listen.

Good to see so many Aussies on here.

PS: if you want to know more about the drive day, let me know.

Cheers John.
OzzieKizzy

Hi John

You are one lucky so and so........that track day would have been fantastic! I'm considering doing a defensive driving course, just so I can learn more about how well these cars handle. It would have been a great experience!

What was the turbo version like? Did it throw you back in your seat? Such a shame we havent seen a production version as yet, maybe one day............
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav