Speaker/ Stereo Help!!??

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
cca105983

Alright, so for some reason I was sure that the front door tweeters were considered part of the front door speakers because for the most part i've only seen them together in a box at places like bestbuy and such. That being said, I figured there were four speakers on the doors, one in the front dash and two in the back head rest area in those black speaker grills. I don't have the fosgate setup so I put my own subs in the back but then i wondered if I wired the speakers on the head unit correctly so i went around the car to listen to each speaker. And this is where I got sad :( . Guess the tweeters are their own speakers.. So I'm curious, since these two fancy looking grills are just sitting there in the back (Picture shown below), does anybody have any idea if speakers could be installed there??? What is the purpose of these things??
Attachments
IMG_0018.JPG
sdKizashi.jpg
raider48

i dont know why these grills r back there..cosmetic is all i can figure because there isnt any cut outs to the trunk for these !! go figure ????
2012 GTS-AWD vivid red
Moto
Site Admin

I don't know for sure, but I don't think that would be a great idea. I remember reading back in 09 or 10 that the rear end of the kizashi was specifically designed to handle the weight of the sub. If you cut holes in that location it you may cause unexpected problems.
cca105983

Well I mean I don't have the factory sub installed, just a ported box so what weight is there to handle?
BxKizashiS

Yeah those are there for looks.. Get some 6x9's & mount it back there on lifts. It seats the speaker alil high so that the magnet ain't touching the floor of the panel back there. Looks hott too when done.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
11zukizashi

They are vents so when you slam your doors you dont pop your ear drums.
Trailboss

11zukizashi wrote:They are vents so when you slam your doors you dont pop your ear drums.

I think that you are on to something...possibly to aid the subwoofer with airflow also?
~tc~

Trailboss wrote:
11zukizashi wrote:I think that you are on to something...possibly to aid the subwoofer with airflow also?
Uh no. It is key to separate the front and back waves and provide an air "spring" on the back side. Porting is a very special circumstance with a highly tuned vent that is designed to delay the back wave a specific amount to provide constructive interference at a specific frequency.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Trailboss

~tc~ wrote:
Trailboss wrote:
11zukizashi wrote:I think that you are on to something...possibly to aid the subwoofer with airflow also?
Uh no. It is key to separate the front and back waves and provide an air "spring" on the back side. Porting is a very special circumstance with a highly tuned vent that is designed to delay the back wave a specific amount to provide constructive interference at a specific frequency.
I have to defer to you...I know absolutely nothing about the subject.
bobby_hill

2011 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD