Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
 #48360  by OliverB
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:19 pm
Ronzuki wrote:The OE Suzuki green retailed for $20/qt. I think I got it for just over $11 for the last bulk buy. First round I bought was about $15/qt.

Ex dealer was asking for $33/qt...
 #48361  by Ronzuki
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm
Thieves. At that price I'd be going w/ Nissan's fluid or one of the other brands. My ex-dealer's parts manager works with me all the time. Good dude. He understands the simple concept of: it's better to make a little bit of something than a whole lotta nuthin'.
 #48362  by BLyons
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:57 am
OliverB wrote:Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on the cvt fluid

The Pennzoil CVT-2 fluid that's compatible with Suzuki's is under $8 a qt on the Pep Boys website.
 #48363  by OliverB
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 am
Ronzuki wrote:Thieves. At that price I'd be going w/ Nissan's fluid or one of the other brands. My ex-dealer's parts manager works with me all the time. Good dude. He understands the simple concept of: it's better to make a little bit of something than a whole lotta nuthin'.

At that price, I might as well buy a second transmission and let it sit in my closet. :facepalm:

BLyons wrote:
OliverB wrote:Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on the cvt fluid

The Pennzoil CVT-2 fluid that's compatible with Suzuki's is under $8 a qt on the Pep Boys website.

They don't ship to Canada. Is there a list of compatible fluids?
 #48368  by Woodie
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 am
Ronzuki wrote:
WESHOOT2 wrote:I admit admiration for you folks who tackle your vehicle issues.
I just reach in my wallet........

If I could find someone again I could trust, I wouldn't hesitate to reach in to my wallet either. Crawlin' around under a car on floor ramps isn't doin' it for me anymore. It is, however, still less aggravating than the alternative.

Here's the thing, 90% are either thieves or butchers who will screw up as many things as they fix. I'm old, lazy, and make a fair amount of money, but I don't trust anyone to do a job properly.

The gas station three blocks from me, who have been pretty good in the past, have really started gouging the prices. They got my buddy with the 2008 Civic Coupe for $500 for a starter the other day. Starter is readily available for $100.
 #48372  by Ronzuki
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:19 pm
Woodie wrote:[ I'm old, lazy, and make a fair amount of money, but I don't trust anyone to do a job properly.

:lol: we must be related...'cept I'm getting lazy, soon to be full lazy...