So I Straight piped my Kizashi

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KimKkin

So I straight piped my Kizashi yesterday and I'm quite surprised on how it sounds. I straight piped after the cat to a y pipe and out the factory exits on the bumper. I told the shop to do 2.5 inch pipes and I'm happy with the results. Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/fNOd9bm830c
Woodie

I think it's rude and outrageous. If you lived near me I'd be on the phone to the police straight away.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

First question, why? Secondly, a waste of money here. It would likely fail an annual state inspection by a legitimate licensed station. And yes, if you lived near me the State Police would most definitely be knocking on your door.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SAEED_KIZZY

wow, no wonder why OE exhaust pipe and mufflers are so expensive they doing excellent job damping this sound :D
In my opinion kizashi is not a race car more like a daily drive car but with this mod god helps your neighbors :facepalm:
KimKkin

It's not that loud until you pass 4500 rpms, but I haven't gotten a complaint. Only cost me $80 which is super cheap.
Onikarge

Funny and interesting coming from a Kizashi but... disturbing too.

It reminds me the sound of some Suzuki sport bikes, however sport racin bikes and their brilliant engines and fast moves are great and awesome in closed racing circuits but one galaxy less in "open" streets, so that -squeezed motor- sounds coming from the hoods and getting into the houses uses to be 95% hateful at day and 200% at night.

It´s not a bad mod if you drive sensibly through the streets and let most of the roars for the outskirts. I think sleeper cars (or tuned like that, or "unknown" like Kzs) should rarely show their aces in the hole. :D
KimKkin

I was actually surprised on how much sound dampening the Kizashi has. It's not loud in the cabin and sounds quiet in 4th, 5th, 6th gear. I know it's not for everyone but I enjoy it and wanted to share it with you guys on the forum!
Ronzuki

Yes it does. Being of a solid design and well built also helps. Comparable at the time to far more expensive vehicles.
Guess if there are no noise ordinances where you reside, to each his own. Don't be surprised if a neighbor complains.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Marcov71

I don't think it's that loud. I've heard worse. Did you change the muffler? Maybe try a magnaflow or something similar to give it a nice deep growl.
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY