Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
 #51018  by SamirD
 Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:31 am
So I learned today that apparently there's a fairly inexpensive TPMS triggering tool available--the EL-50448. There's fakes on ebay and amazon for cheap, but the real deal is more. Personally, I'll still stick with the air pressure method as it is fast and cheap. :)
 #52755  by Houdiwho
 Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:57 am
I bought my suzi with that darned orange box in my face, i have searched for a year and a half and bought a entirely new set of sensors from discount tire when i got new rims and tires which i now see was a mistake as i should have gotten oem sensors to make this that much easier on myself, has anyone come to a fool proof guarenteed way to remove it for good? or has it just been temporarily?
 #52763  by SamirD
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 am
Houdiwho wrote:I bought my suzi with that darned orange box in my face, i have searched for a year and a half and bought a entirely new set of sensors from discount tire when i got new rims and tires which i now see was a mistake as i should have gotten oem sensors to make this that much easier on myself, has anyone come to a fool proof guarenteed way to remove it for good? or has it just been temporarily?
Glad you found my thread! Yep, it's guaranteed. I've changed my tires every season while the car was in the midwest and relearned using my vt100 until it stopped working and then switched to the tire pressure triggering method and that's worked consistently. It might take a time or two before it doesn't come back for some reason, but that's usually right after you relearn. After that they don't come on except when they're doing their job of letting you know you have low air.

I have original sensors that I bought from a Canadian user on here still going strong and no issues. My originals are in the summer tires which I'll swap back on and relearn once I get time to take care of all the issues on the car (lots of little maintenance things now that it's older).

If you have any questions/issues, let me know. I pretty much know that system inside and out. 8-)