Headlight rear cover electrical question

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Woodie

KuroNekko wrote:As for the duct tape on the headlights, that should be adequate, especially for spiders. They are apparently too busy trying to huff gas in the Kizashi anyway.
Now that's funny right there. :lol:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KlutzNinja

The update no one asked for:

I still have duct tape over the opening. I haven’t checked it in forever, but whether I peak under the hood I never see anything out of place, so that’s good I guess.

The real reason I’m posting in this thread again is that the order for the replacement, which I bought with some other things from MegaZip and is shipping from a Japanese warehouse, is finally on the move. It had been sitting around for half a year due to the pandemic, and a MegaZip representative even asked at least once if I still wanted the order or if I wanted to cancel for a refund lol.
So I guess it’s okay to order parts sourced from Japanese warehouses again with cost-effective shipping methods, hopefully. I could have gotten the parts long ago if I opted for the really expensive shipping, but it wasn’t super urgent, thankfully.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)