License plate lights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
BxKizashiS

Anybody knows how to change the license plate lights?? I brought some LED ones & can't find a way to install them.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
nytq

Hate to say it, but it's a bitch! I don't have a step by step procedure or video cause I was scratching my head for about an hour taking this off, removing this screw, prying this and that. And then trying to get the bulb in was a feat in itself. You can't really even see what you are doing under the trunk lid so describing it is useless, just have to feel around till you get in and out. Front lamps are just as frustrating. I work with Japanese and their hands don't seem as small as the spaces in this car you have to get to LOL. I really hope all the LED's i have put in really do last cause I dread repeating the procedures. The end result is totally worth it in the end. Gives the car a more up to date look, even though mine is just over a year old.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
BxKizashiS

Oh man that sucks lol.. I removed the 2 screws from the trunk button & I couldnt even see the bulbs from there, guess I'ma have to feel my way around it & see what I can do, if not I'ma just leave it.
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
sciraddo

The license plate lights weren't too hard to replace. If you open the trunk you'll see that it is covered. Get a small flat head screwdriver and remove all the little "tabs", I don't know what they are called. Anyways take the flat head screwdriver and pop the center of the tab up and pull the entire thing out. You don't have to remove the whole panel just what you need to get to the license plate lights. The hardest part was removing the bulbs, but there is a little trick. There is a little metal tab on one side that can be pushed back which will release the bulb. Hmmm, maybe my description isn't too good. I'll try to take some pictures of how I did it and post them here later. Took me about 1/2 to do.
DelliReeus

Yeah I just changed mine, I'll post some pictures on this post within a week
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
BxKizashiS

Oh nice! Thanks ya! Plz do so I can look & see so I can do it right! I'ma give it another shot, if I get it I'll post pics to
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
GalluzzoS

what size bulbs are they?
Tinted side markers- rear 20%tint- full LED interior-6khids-led drl-
BxKizashiS

GalluzzoS wrote:what size bulbs are they?
I think all license plate bulbs are the same. The same ones from a Honda I got to put on for the kizashi.
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
CLLee

GalluzzoS wrote:what size bulbs are they?
Festoon 36mm...

I did the white LED replacement the day I got my car about a year ago.
Once you get to the bulbs, use a small flat head screw driver to slowly move the bulbs out of place (remove), and to slide the replacement into place. Getting the sharp edges of the festoon to catch the holes in the socket is quite tricky.

:D
uzz32

I just replaced my right hand side license plate bulb. The black housing giving access to the bulb was a f**king chore to remove - so much so that I had to use a screw driver to pry it open, leaving screw driver marks on the housing. Did anyone else resort to this or am I just weak?