I just had to do mine. Watch the video posted above and follow these steps and it is quite easy.
- Remove the handle inside the trunk lid (the handle itself is two pieces and there is a clip inside that holds it to the trunk lid). Use a flathead screwdriver to pop the cover open. You'll clearly see the seam that you need to get the screwdriver behind.
- Remove all the clips on the trunk liner to remove the entire panel with a flathead screwdriver (you'll have to wiggle it around the internal trunk release and behind the arms that support the trunk. Really easy.
- Unplug the harnesses.
- The black covers on both sides slide toward the center of the trunk then sort of lift from the inward/center side and pull to remove them. (the video shows this well and the left side will be a mirror image of the right side)
- Each bulb is held in place by a clips...the outer ones flex a bit to make remove/install easier. They'll pop out pretty easily if you can push that clip and leverage a screwdriver on the end of the bulb. Avoid pressing on the glass of the bulb itself so you don't accidentally break it.
- Reinstall in reverse order. (if you went with LEDs make sure you have them oriented correctly otherwise you'll be doing this all over again)
You will make all easier and remove the awkward angles if you sit on the edge of the trunk like in the video to make all of this directly over your head. I'd recommend just doing both of them while you're in there. Bulbs are cheap and this will take about 20 minutes. Probably worth the few dollars to just do them both while you're in there. If you want to go the LED route, check https://www.superbrightleds.com/
A pair with shipping will still be less than the cost of a single bulb at Autozone, Advance or any other store and you'll get them in just a few days.