Headlight Bulb Replacement

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
nytq

If you have access to a volt meter, verify you have power at the bulb first, then go back from there.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
jcorcione

nytq wrote:If you have access to a volt meter, verify you have power at the bulb first, then go back from there.
I think i may have one will have to look around the work bench.
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
dvl100

hi I bought LED h7 kit for low beam, I don't understand one thing when I'll instal it on headlight.
kizashi headlight on the back side have covers for dust...
my H7 Led kit have fun on the back, can I cover it again or it should be open for air?!

thanks
Suzuki Kizashi SLS 2011 AWD 2.4 K&N Air Filter, NGK Iridium, Brembo brakes
DesRado

Those aren't just for dust, you will want to cover those so water can't get in either.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

jcorcione

Update. I checked the inside fuses. Didn't really see an inside fuse for the headlights. this is so frustrating and I really don't want to drop the bumper again. looks like I am headed to the dealership. :(
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
Remav

jcorcione wrote:Update. I checked the inside fuses. Didn't really see an inside fuse for the headlights. this is so frustrating and I really don't want to drop the bumper again. looks like I am headed to the dealership. :(
Let me know how it turns out... same boat!
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
jcorcione

Thought I had it fixed ... I went to the quicklane where i got my tires for the suzuki.. and they troubleshot the headlight with my assistance.. it was working. just wasn't plugged in all the way so i am happy.. then on my way home yesterday, it went out again... GRRRR!! :evil:
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
Prowler1

Hello All, quick question. Is it recommended to dis-connect the battery when dropping the bumper for head light change?
An worries for Air bag sensor??

Thanks in Advance!
bootymac

Nope
Prowler1

Perfect.

Performed it yesterday and all worked out great!