Headlight Bulb Replacement

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
jcorcione

Is there really no way to repace the drivers side bulb with out dropping the bumper?? Seriously?
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
nytq

If you have freakishly tiny hands, maybe LOL. But yes, you have to drop the bumper. Not the best engineering design by Suzuki. I'm used to it now.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Speed_Racer

jcorcione wrote:Is there really no way to repace the drivers side bulb with out dropping the bumper?? Seriously?
Consider replacing both sides while you have it all apart. If one has failed, the other may be not that far behind.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
kconklin33

Bx, how's the nitrous setup treating you? I remember you talking about it on Insta.

Sorry for the thread Hijack but I will also be removing the bumper to get repainted
jcorcione

nytq wrote:If you have freakishly tiny hands, maybe LOL. But yes, you have to drop the bumper. Not the best engineering design by Suzuki. I'm used to it now.
I wish i had freakishly tiny hands :D well i am going to venture to change the bulb. Incidentally the silvania Xeon headlight bulbs were replaced the OEM low beam lights were replaced 6-7 months ago.. then the driver side bulb went out again... Contacted Sylvania and the sent me warranty replacement set. gonna keep the extra bulb for backup. The were wanting me to produce a receipt from 7 months ago. i am like,,, yeah right.... the went ahead and replaced them for me anyways. will keep the shipping manifest just in case I have another issue. well here i go!! :ugeek:

UPDATE:
hours later of which I will never get back the force was not strong with me. Not enough Midichlorians. Okay i went star wars geek there. Replaced the bulb and she still doesn't work. checked every fuse and nothing. AARRRGH. I feel like Charlie Brown. GOOD GRIEF. ‪#‎SUZUKI‬ ‪#‎BADFORM‬

Can't believe this
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
jcorcione

any one have any ideas?
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
DesRado

Did you plug the headlight housing back in for power. I forgot to do that once.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

jcorcione

DesRado wrote:Did you plug the headlight housing back in for power. I forgot to do that once.

Yes, I did, as the other lights in the capsule work i.e. the marker and High Beams. Thank you for responding.
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
KuroNekko

Make sure the bulb is in good condition and the filament wasn't broken from shipping.
I'd also check the bulb harness for heat damage. Check inside the plastic harness and check the wires. The wires are rather thin so they may not withstand much heat before damage.

Also, make sure to check both fuse boxes just in case. I haven't examined the fuses in the Kizashi yet, but most cars have a fuse box in the cabin and also in the engine bay.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jcorcione

KuroNekko wrote:Make sure the bulb is in good condition and the filament wasn't broken from shipping.
I'd also check the bulb harness for heat damage. Check inside the plastic harness and check the wires. The wires are rather thin so they may not withstand much heat before damage.

Also, make sure to check both fuse boxes just in case. I haven't examined the fuses in the Kizashi yet, but most cars have a fuse box in the cabin and also in the engine bay.
Did not check the cabin. I will do that this evening in the warmth of my garage :D . Thanks for your response. It's rather frustrating. Looks like I may have to drop the bumper yet again. Well, at least, I gave experience at it at this point. LOL.
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White