LED Position Bulb Install

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
11zukizashi

Do you think these guys would be overkill for position bulbs? Reviews say they hurt your eyes if you look directly at them http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007I75D8 ... -2&pi=SL75
murcod

I've got some Cree LED T10 bulbs but haven't fitted them for that reason.
David
KuroNekko

There are some concerns with getting LEDs like that.
I would first want to make sure they would fit through the headlight reflector housing. If they are too wide, they won't fit the hole. If they are too long, then they will look weird in the headlight.

Also, keep in mind that the OEM incandescent T10 bulb is 5W. That 7.5W LED would be consuming more watts. I am not sure about LEDs, but typically, bulbs that consume more wattage than the OEM rating tend to damage wires, housings, and harnesses with the excessive heat generated. LEDs run cooler than filament bulbs, but high wattage LEDs definitely generate heat.

For comparison sake, keep in mind that the PIAA LED bulbs I put in my car are 0.3W. The whole point of positions bulbs is to give off a soft glow without being bright or bothersome to other drivers. They are truly a "be seen" but "not to see" sort of light. The Day Time Running lights on my car are brighter than the position bulbs, but position bulbs are intended to be used at night while DRLs are for the day as the name implies. At night, the LED position bulbs are very noticeable without being that bright. That's sort of the point of them given how the Japanese use them in their driving etiquette. (This is why most domestic and US-made Japanese cars don't have position bulbs, but made in Japan models like the Kizashi and Prius have them.)

The max wattage I would go for is 1W for a position bulb LED. Those are still brighter, but won't risk damage.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nytq

Those should fit as long as the diameter is not any larger than than the original glass ones. I replaced them with 5 led smd amber T10. and I like it. I did have problems with another style I tried only because it had more smaller leds instead of the 5050 style led. and when I went to slide them in the edges of the leds were just enough to not fit. thru. Lenth is no issue just diameter.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
11zukizashi

Im not questioning the fit im questioning the safety of having a super bright led there but i think it would be okay ill just go with a single cree led bulb
Deb

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk