Anyone Installed the XM Module themselves?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
sloopercat

Spent the morning talking with Apple, Griffin, Sony, Motorola, Suzuki and searching the web. Nobody has a solution to interface the radio with a standard 3.5mm aux in cable, either bluetooth or USB. I cannot find anybody that makes any bluetooth audio device with that (car_M.Media) format, only cell phones. What were they smoking?

The only "solution" right now is a Griffin I-trip universal, which is an FM modulator. Looks like I am forced to go that way. Ordered one for about $35 shipped from Amazon.

If anybody figures out a cabling solution for going into the XM input, I would be grateful.

Anybody know who manufactures the radio and XM unit? That might be another source of info.

Suzuki, if you are looking at this forum, for your information, the world does not run on I-pods. An aux in solution is needed.

Sorry for the rant, but this oversight would have caused me to not buy the car If I would have known. I made the incorrect assumption that I would be able to adapt a common 3.5mm stereo aux in type jack output to the car.
lookin

slooper im a little confused ..are you trying to get an aux line ...if thats it usually most car stereos will have the aux jack in the back of unit its very rare they dont have additional outputs in the rear ,,,you would like i said before have to remove the dash get to back of unit to see additional outputs ..if it does [it should] thats where you could get creative by running a line to the front of unit there are various ways of doing this to have a polished look...even if the unit has rca type outputs you will be able to convert to an aux plug...its really simple the hardest part is removing dash.....you could even go to any car stereo shop im sure they could get you an aux line in. this is a cheap job...dont beat yourself up.....i will be removing the stereo soon since im installing my own navi, camera and xm will tell you what outputs are there and how to remove dash...ive been busy and lazy got all my stuff though...
Minority

lookin wrote:i will be removing the stereo soon since im installing my own navi, camera and xm will tell you what outputs are there and how to remove dash...ive been busy and lazy got all my stuff though...
I'll be interested in how easy it is, I'm planning to do the same at some stage. Are you planning on using one of the double din all in one units?
lookin

Im putting in a double din actually im putting in a kenwood unit same as suzuki but the latest one the one they using is good but the 9960 is better with more features maybe this weekend if not working i will start my project should be finished same day just to let you know i bought the face trim from dealer so its gonna look the same just a better unit
Minority

I negotiated the face plate to be included when I bought the car, I had a feeling it would be expensive if I bought it later!

How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking.
lookin

It wasnt that expensive 90 bucks also they have one aftermarket for 30 bucks it was good but it didnt have the little piece of plastic at bottom so i went with suzukis
lookin

Just to let you know if u dont already suzuki is not doing anything special its just a kenwood unit they using anybody could go to kenwood and buy the unit they probably have a markup too but the one i bought is more expensive just came out in april with the latest features
TheHolyGhost

Can't wait to see pictures of the install.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

I could do that but it isnt nothing really to see its gonna have same look as nav unit now thats why i bought face trim nav same kenwood but newer model the xm is a hideaway unit behind dash not suppose to see that
TheHolyGhost

It would be helpful if you could take pictures during the install, if possible.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES