Anyone Installed the XM Module themselves?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
sloopercat

lookin wrote:slooper im a little confused ..are you trying to get an aux line ...if thats it usually most car stereos will have the aux jack in the back of unit its very rare they dont have additional outputs in the rear ,,,you would like i said before have to remove the dash get to back of unit to see additional outputs ..if it does [it should] thats where you could get creative by running a line to the front of unit there are various ways of doing this to have a polished look...even if the unit has rca type outputs you will be able to convert to an aux plug...its really simple the hardest part is removing dash.....you could even go to any car stereo shop im sure they could get you an aux line in. this is a cheap job...dont beat yourself up.....i will be removing the stereo soon since im installing my own navi, camera and xm will tell you what outputs are there and how to remove dash...ive been busy and lazy got all my stuff though...
I strongly doubt there is an aux in jack in back. Quite sure we need to find some way of tapping into the XM input, the bluetooth audio or the I-pod input. Hopefully the XM input is simple wiring. The other two require some electronics.
sloopercat

lookin wrote:Im putting in a double din actually im putting in a kenwood unit same as suzuki but the latest one the one they using is good but the 9960 is better with more features maybe this weekend if not working i will start my project should be finished same day just to let you know i bought the face trim from dealer so its gonna look the same just a better unit
Please confirm it is a Kenwood factory radio, it may make finding an XM cable more likely. At very least, a cheaper XM unit option.
lookin

Slooper i think you got this all wrong no its not a kenwood factory radio only the nav is kenwood you dont have to buy xm unit from suzuki neither these things are made universal but i will let you know my findings
sloopercat

lookin wrote:Slooper i think you got this all wrong no its not a kenwood factory radio only the nav is kenwood you dont have to buy xm unit from suzuki neither these things are made universal but i will let you know my findings
Thanks, If you find out who makes it, it would be a big help. There may be some more connectivity options if we knew who the manufacturer was.
lookin

If u have sls its fosgate thats what i have... The other one i dont know
sloopercat

I got the I-trip in the mail. Good thing, as the rental I am driving has no aux in either. It actually works pretty good on the open road. In the city, the clear channels can be somewhat changeable. All you do at that point is hit a button and the unit finds a clear channel. Drove all the way from Charlotte to Knoxville and had to find a clear channel once when I got to Knoxville. It is a nice compact unit too.

Until I find the real thing, this will have to do. I travel a lot, so know I can use my XM in any vehicle. 8-)
Myroadrash

TheHolyGhost wrote:I googled it and it looks like "SuzukiPitStop" has it, but it requires a membership, so I don't know if it's some kind of dealer site or what.
I am new here but I was reading this post and I thought you might like to know that, Suzuki does list the service manual and bulletins to view on their website Suzuki Pitstop Plus (http://www.suzukipitstopplus.com). There is no membership required. You can view the manual or a bulletin for a day for like $4.00.
It is a good deal if you need to look at the wire diagrams for the XM module. Here is the link to the manual:
http://suzukipitstopplus.com/Products/1 ... anual.aspx

Once you pay for it, you must go back to the page where you added it to your cart and there will be a view button
to look at it.
BrashL

Any developments on this topic? Just bought a new black GTS and one of the first things I plan to do is get the XM hooked up. Any options besides the $500 kit been found yet? Thanks all
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
TheHolyGhost

I haven't heard anything, but you may be able to find something in the manual.

Check out this thread. http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 2056#p2056
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

The only thing I found in the service manual related to XM was the antenna mounting location and wiring. The online access to the service manual allowed for searching and when I input "XM" it returned the antenna data. Multiple searches for other XM related variations returned nothing or the same antenna info.
For me, I've pretty much given up on XM since I have multple music options either through iPod, USB/MP3 players as well as my cell phone connects via bluetooth so I have all sorts of music options through it as well. All of which are free and do not require a monthly subscription as does XM. I may change my mind later on, but the current $500 price tag for the XM module is a no-brainer to wait.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD