splash guards

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SX4toKizashi

I painted them before putting them on. It will be very very difficult to paint them when installed.
TheHolyGhost

That's what I thought too, but I saw the masking tape. What part of the flaps didn't you paint, the side that attached to the body?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Schuzuki

Holy Ghost, It looks like he left the portion that faces the tires black. That way it blends into the inner fender better. When I installed mine, I simply put them in place and marked where the holes went, then removed the back tires and turned the front tires. The paper templates are a royal PITA. The splashguards are so well designed and fitted, that you really can't screw them up.
pmw1213

WHAT WAS COST OF FLAPS, AND ARE THE RUBBER OR PLASTIC?? DOES LOOK SHARP AND NICE JOB, I HAVE SAME COLOR,
yezzaboss

Hope it's OK to update this older topic. Thinking of getting splash guards A.K.A mud guards, I was studying the Installation Instructions posted by "SX4toKizashi" on June 28, 2010.
Question to any and all who have done this: is it correct that ALL holes are drilled into plastic only, namely into the front fender lining and the rear bumper?

Thanks!
2011 Kizashi 'S'
nytq

The OEM Suzuki guards do use clips with screws and special plastic kind of grommets for the screws. No metal is drilled into or used.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
WIKizashi

Those look pretty slick painted. I have the splash guards in my trunk waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. Anyone know a good source for matched paint? I don't think Suzuki sells it.
WIKizashi

Thanks jono6406!
n8dogg

Does anyone know if these OEM splash guards will fit on over the sideskirts of the sport model Kizashis?
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!