My Dealer-less TPMS Tire Change Story

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
GBan

I am using the one i got off here it is a google drive. But can't down load it but it had no table of contents.

SamirD

I'm downloading the manual right now and will put a link here for wetransfer which will only be up for a week, but which should work for you to download. I'll also take a look and see if I can find the relearn pages in this manual and let you know what page to take a look at. 8-)
SamirD

So the page where the official non-scan tool relearn mode instructions start in that document is page 2511 of the pdf. I have copy and pasted it from the manual here:
Not using SUZUKI scan tool
1. Confirm that all doors are closed and ignition mode of keyless push start system is "OFF".
2. Open driver side door.
3. Perform the following Steps a) to c) within 15 seconds after ignition mode in "ON".
a. Press driver side door switch by hand within 5 seconds after ignition mode in "ON". Keep pressing
driver side door switch for 2 seconds.
b. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 seconds or more by
hand.
c. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 - 5 seconds by hand.
4. Using recommended tool ("VT55" made by ATEQ) (1), activate each tire pressure sensor within 180
seconds.
Refer to instruction of recommended tool for method of activating tire pressure sensor.
NOTE:  When tire pressure sensor is activated, ID code of tire pressure
sensor is registered automatically in keyless start control module.
 If all 4 tire pressure sensor ID codes are not registered in keyless
start control module within 180 seconds, perform the above steps
again. Also, it is possible to check the number of tire pressure sensor
ID codes received by keyless start control module by observing the
flashing pattern of low tire pressure warning light.
 If registration of tire pressure sensor ID codes are not completed
within 180 seconds, former ID codes remain in keyless start control
module.
 When keyless start control module receives all 4 tire pressure sensor
ID codes, keyless start control module turns ON low tire pressure
warning light in combination meter for 5 seconds.
5. Push engine switch to change ignition mode to "OFF" after registration is completed.
In step 4 when it is asking for the scan tool, this is when you let out air of the tire to activate each tire pressure sensor for 5-10 seconds since they activate when they detect a loss of air.

Here is a wetransfer link so you can download the complete manual: https://we.tl/t-bHWckQqu7t

This is everything you need to re-learn the sensors. Remember that it may take more than one try to do so (as you can see from my own experiences in this thread), so if the light comes back on, just relearn again.
Houdiwho

SamirD wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:39 am So the page where the official non-scan tool relearn mode instructions start in that document is page 2511 of the pdf. I have copy and pasted it from the manual here:
Not using SUZUKI scan tool
1. Confirm that all doors are closed and ignition mode of keyless push start system is "OFF".
2. Open driver side door.
3. Perform the following Steps a) to c) within 15 seconds after ignition mode in "ON".
a. Press driver side door switch by hand within 5 seconds after ignition mode in "ON". Keep pressing
driver side door switch for 2 seconds.
b. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 seconds or more by
hand.
c. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 - 5 seconds by hand.
4. Using recommended tool ("VT55" made by ATEQ) (1), activate each tire pressure sensor within 180
seconds.
Refer to instruction of recommended tool for method of activating tire pressure sensor.
NOTE:  When tire pressure sensor is activated, ID code of tire pressure
sensor is registered automatically in keyless start control module.
 If all 4 tire pressure sensor ID codes are not registered in keyless
start control module within 180 seconds, perform the above steps
again. Also, it is possible to check the number of tire pressure sensor
ID codes received by keyless start control module by observing the
flashing pattern of low tire pressure warning light.
 If registration of tire pressure sensor ID codes are not completed
within 180 seconds, former ID codes remain in keyless start control
module.
 When keyless start control module receives all 4 tire pressure sensor
ID codes, keyless start control module turns ON low tire pressure
warning light in combination meter for 5 seconds.
5. Push engine switch to change ignition mode to "OFF" after registration is completed.
In step 4 when it is asking for the scan tool, this is when you let out air of the tire to activate each tire pressure sensor for 5-10 seconds since they activate when they detect a loss of air.

Here is a wetransfer link so you can download the complete manual: https://we.tl/t-bHWckQqu7t

This is everything you need to re-learn the sensors. Remember that it may take more than one try to do so (as you can see from my own experiences in this thread), so if the light comes back on, just relearn again.
Hey Samir! hope you've been well, I'm finally getting off my butt after a year or two and am about to finally take a crack at this, a question before I begin is: Do I NEED to deflate the tires after the car is put into relearn mode? or can I just use the tool to do so, And on the tool note, i'm probably going to purchase a VT55 just to make sure i've got the recommended one, would you recommend any other, preferably, cheaper ones to do this job with that might also work? I appreciate your time.
SamirD

Houdiwho wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:14 pmHey Samir! hope you've been well, I'm finally getting off my butt after a year or two and am about to finally take a crack at this, a question before I begin is: Do I NEED to deflate the tires after the car is put into relearn mode? or can I just use the tool to do so, And on the tool note, i'm probably going to purchase a VT55 just to make sure i've got the recommended one, would you recommend any other, preferably, cheaper ones to do this job with that might also work? I appreciate your time.
Never too late to try it! And to answer you questions--if you're getting a tool, you don't need to alter the tire pressure at all. Deflating the tire was an alternative way to trigger the sensor during the relearn--if you have a tool, you don't need to do this. As far as tool--vt55 is the factory one so it would work great, but I have a vt30 (somewhere--haven't used it in years after the keypad started having issues), but I have even started using the tire deflate method since it is so much faster and reliable--oh and it's free!

Let me know if you have any more questions!
ken-wawa

Hi!

I have problems with TPMS sensors. I've read a lot and still feel confused. My small questions. Perhaps someone knows the answer or would have at least some suggestions:

1. Is that possible that one tmps sensor can be activated in more than one modes? In particular I'm interested in Suzuki oem 43130-61M00 sensors. Depending on the triggering sequence, can sensor work sending data in one or other way (ex. fitting car model A or car model B)? (I'm suspecting that my sensors were incorrectly activated and that's why they are visible to tpms module (registered) but they don't work as they should).
2. Where can I find tmps led blinking modes description? I noticed that they can blink at least 6 different modes (incld. solid mode). What each blinking type means?
3. Car user manual says that in some very rare conditions tmps module might need more time for determining tyres pressure, up. to 10 minutes of driving and then tmps led will be blinking. The problem is that with my old sensors I didnt have any single situation like this for 7-8 years and with the new ones it happens every time after turning my car on. Any suggestions why?
4. What might be the reasons that automatic relearning didn't succed and is there any way to force it to restart again?
5. What tmps programming tool from currently being available is the best for suzuki oem sensors. I can't find vt55 in shops any longer...
6. A2C15319501 and 502 sensor modes for Suzuki oem 43130-61M00 sensors, do they correspond for which model of cars? Any ideas how to find it? As many tpms programming tools have in menus only cars models selections and not modes.

In my car I have the following tpms led blinking:
- just after ignition on I don't have any warning message but for led I have: "short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats through 1-2 min.
- after some short driving I have: "long on, short off" and that pattern repeats until approx. 10 km
- next for short time I have "short on, short off, short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats for 1 km of additional driving (perhaps even less)
- next for short time I have "short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats for 1 km of additional driving (perhaps even less)
- next led is fully off, without any warning message, and the tyres pressure usually is displayed with some small delay but usually not for all tyres at the same time but tyres are "added" within 1-2 minutes until I have all tyres successfull read (at the end the system displays the pressure for all tyres at once)

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
ken-wawa

Woodie wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:31 pm I chased the same thing for a month, turned out to be something stupid. If the sensors that your dealer put on were Continental/VDO SE10001HP, that sensor has a high pressure mode for use on trucks. If they pumped up one of the tires to 50 psi (would not be ridiculous, they often need to put in a lot to get the tire to seat on the rim properly) then the sensor goes into high pressure mode and starts alerting for anything below 50 psi. Let all of the air out and pump it back up, when it hits 0 it reverts back to regular mode.
Do you know if it concerns also 43130-61M00 suzuki oem sensors made by continental? And if it's necessary to hit exactly 0 time pressure or it might be lower value and what?

What were the symptoms showing that sth is wrong and that your sensors were in a high pressure mode?
SamirD

ken-wawa wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:25 pm Hi!

I have problems with TPMS sensors. I've read a lot and still feel confused. My small questions. Perhaps someone knows the answer or would have at least some suggestions:

1. Is that possible that one tmps sensor can be activated in more than one modes? In particular I'm interested in Suzuki oem 43130-61M00 sensors. Depending on the triggering sequence, can sensor work sending data in one or other way (ex. fitting car model A or car model B)? (I'm suspecting that my sensors were incorrectly activated and that's why they are visible to tpms module (registered) but they don't work as they should).
2. Where can I find tmps led blinking modes description? I noticed that they can blink at least 6 different modes (incld. solid mode). What each blinking type means?
3. Car user manual says that in some very rare conditions tmps module might need more time for determining tyres pressure, up. to 10 minutes of driving and then tmps led will be blinking. The problem is that with my old sensors I didnt have any single situation like this for 7-8 years and with the new ones it happens every time after turning my car on. Any suggestions why?
4. What might be the reasons that automatic relearning didn't succed and is there any way to force it to restart again?
5. What tmps programming tool from currently being available is the best for suzuki oem sensors. I can't find vt55 in shops any longer...
6. A2C15319501 and 502 sensor modes for Suzuki oem 43130-61M00 sensors, do they correspond for which model of cars? Any ideas how to find it? As many tpms programming tools have in menus only cars models selections and not modes.

In my car I have the following tpms led blinking:
- just after ignition on I don't have any warning message but for led I have: "short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats through 1-2 min.
- after some short driving I have: "long on, short off" and that pattern repeats until approx. 10 km
- next for short time I have "short on, short off, short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats for 1 km of additional driving (perhaps even less)
- next for short time I have "short on, short off, short on, long off" and that pattern repeats for 1 km of additional driving (perhaps even less)
- next led is fully off, without any warning message, and the tyres pressure usually is displayed with some small delay but usually not for all tyres at the same time but tyres are "added" within 1-2 minutes until I have all tyres successfull read (at the end the system displays the pressure for all tyres at once)

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
All of this is super strange. Do you have the factory service manual? Why did you change your TPMS sensors?
SamirD

ken-wawa wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 pm
Woodie wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:31 pm I chased the same thing for a month, turned out to be something stupid. If the sensors that your dealer put on were Continental/VDO SE10001HP, that sensor has a high pressure mode for use on trucks. If they pumped up one of the tires to 50 psi (would not be ridiculous, they often need to put in a lot to get the tire to seat on the rim properly) then the sensor goes into high pressure mode and starts alerting for anything below 50 psi. Let all of the air out and pump it back up, when it hits 0 it reverts back to regular mode.
Do you know if it concerns also 43130-61M00 suzuki oem sensors made by continental? And if it's necessary to hit exactly 0 time pressure or it might be lower value and what?

What were the symptoms showing that sth is wrong and that your sensors were in a high pressure mode?
This is interesting to hear. On my winter set with factory sensors, I have to keep it inflated to 45psi for the load rating to be high enough to support the car. However, if I use the tires in the warm season and the pressure goes above 50, I get an error message about the tpms system (not a particular tire). And after the pressure comes back down, it goes back to normal.
ken-wawa

SamirD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:17 pm All of this is super strange. Do you have the factory service manual? Why did you change your TPMS sensors?

I've catched a spike in one tyre and as tyres were quite old I devices not to repair them but to exchange the whole set. Also tpms sensors expected life is 5-7 years. Thus in order not to have the situation that after changing tyres after few months I will have to install new tmps sensors I decided to change also sensors. They didn't report end of battery life but just in case. With the old ones everything worked perfectly and I didn't have the smallest problem until the end thus I don't expect any problems with tmps module.

By factory service manual u mean car manual? Yes, but this situation (with similar blinking) is only commented with 1-2 phrases saying sth very general that in very rare conditions as very untypical weather conditions such blinking might happen and then car might need 10 minutes for displaying tyres pressure. In my case it's rather 8-12 km.

Do you know if with newly installed sensors there is any calibration process made automatically by tpms car module? And if yes how long might it take? By calibration I don't mean re-learning etc. but rather some process with goal to check sensor functioning and improving their precision?

In fact I don't have any good ideas... Perhaps those blinking modes would explain sth but I can't find any description what different modes of tpms blinking means.