Audio System Upgrade Information

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SAEED_KIZZY

aranciata-oz wrote:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote:happy to help aranciata-oz any time :)
You're a legend Saeed .... all done now. It works like a treat! Thanks again!

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks aranciata-oz,I am glad it worked :)
TB16

Hi everyone, my kizashi's stock music system has thrown up a gremlin. The problem is that the display or the screen keeps flickering (comes and goes) with each second. Although everything else is working and the buttons are also functioning properly only the screen is malfunctioning. Any idea what it could be?
SAEED_KIZZY

TB16 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:33 am Hi everyone, my kizashi's stock music system has thrown up a gremlin. The problem is that the display or the screen keeps flickering (comes and goes) with each second. Although everything else is working and the buttons are also functioning properly only the screen is malfunctioning. Any idea what it could be?
did you try to disconnect the negative battery terminal?
TB16

No, I haven't done that. Will try that once and update here. Thanks
TB16

So disconnected the battery and back but still the flickering is there. Could it be a blown fuse or something like that? Or the display panel could be shot too.
SAEED_KIZZY

TB16 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 am So disconnected the battery and back but still the flickering is there. Could it be a blown fuse or something like that? Or the display panel could be shot too.
look like an internal problem to me.
but to be 100% sure check power and grounds for head unit.
TB16

I'm as it is thinking about changing the head unit. Any suggestions? Does the normal one and the higher variants RF head units different?
SAEED_KIZZY

TB16 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:03 am I'm as it is thinking about changing the head unit. Any suggestions? Does the normal one and the higher variants RF head units different?
Yes normal headunit and Rockford has a different connector you can not change them.
I think if you have non RF(normal) headunit you can also switch to android headunit or high-end aftermarket like Pioneer, JVC or just buy used OE headunit.
but in the case of RF headunit it is better to buy used OE Rrockford headunit only.