MPH in Info Window

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
bmw&kizzyownr

You're probably right. However, "some" other cars have a HUD, lane departure warning system, collision (or pre-collision) warning system, cross traffic alert system, self dimming side view mirrors, ''fully functioning" dual exhausts, turn signal indicators on side mirrors, wireless cell phone charging, etc. etc. Just because an option or feature is found on 'some' other cars...I don't assume the Kizashi has it unless I've read it in the "Owner's manual" and know it to be true or someone of significant technical competency has investigated and said it's so.
Woodie

This must be where I got the idea. I said in another thread that I thought it could be displayed, then couldn't find any mention of it in the manual or the car's menus. At least it wasn't a complete hallucination on my part. :lol:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bmw&kizzyownr

No worries. I really wish it could be displayed! :)
SamirD

So a workaround for those that need this and have the Kenwood RF system is to touch the mph on the lower right and it makes a nice, large mph display. I use this religiously now when on long trips. :D
bmw&kizzyownr

Excellent post SamirD. That's a good workaround if you have the Garmin GPS unit and want the digital speed displayed on the GPS/Stereo screen vs the Rockford Fosgate stereo info. Basically it displays your speed on the screen along with other trip info (elevation, compass (direction), mpg, etc). In that mode you won't be able to view the navigation (GPS) display, although you can toggle back and forth. If I'm stating something different than you are...please advise.

However, there isn't a way to display the speed digitally in the center (not sure of official name but I call it the MID/Multi Informational Display) screen which would be really cool.... and useful.
SamirD

Yep, it's the same as you describe. You can switch back and forth between the display and the maps, but on long trips you're probably looking at the speed more often anyways (at least I am).

Too bad there isn't a way to have the mph in the display. My Boxster does it too and it's a 2005. But for the Kizashi it's a minor gripe. I find myself looking at the nav/stereo more often anyways.