MPH in Info Window

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SamirD

murcod wrote:I had a look the other day - nothing.

However, the posted DRL procedure (that people have posted doesn't work) is in there.
I searched too and didn't find it. :(

I'm curious about that drl procedure as I know these procedures are pretty precise. It took me quite a few tries to get the TPMS relearn to work, and this is waaaaay more complicated. It wouldn't take much to mess it up.
murcod

It's a relatively easy one. Below's my abbreviated version.

IGN to "ON" and within 15 seconds do the following:
-Turn light switch ON/OFF to parkers 4 times
-Turn light switch ON/OFF to headlight 4 times
If it works you will hear a chime. Turn IGN off.

I'll try it on mine sometime. But by default I've got no DRL's - so I might be missing the DRL module?
David
KuroNekko

I thought Woodie already tried this and said it did not work. I can try it too since I have DRLs that are stupid bright right now.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Let us know if it works. I tried a similar method except it was on/off 5 times and it didn't work. I'll feel a bit cheeky if I was off by 1! :oops:
bootymac

murcod wrote:It's a relatively easy one. Below's my abbreviated version.

IGN to "ON" and within 15 seconds do the following:
-Turn light switch ON/OFF to parkers 4 times
-Turn light switch ON/OFF to headlight 4 times
If it works you will hear a chime. Turn IGN off.

I'll try it on mine sometime. But by default I've got no DRL's - so I might be missing the DRL module?
I assume every vehicle has the module but whether the DRLs are enabled or not depends on the market. It would make sense if there was an easy process to enable or disable them. The GV has a similar process
murcod

I just tried it and got nothing - no beeps. But Aussie models don't have DRL's to start with. So I might be missing that relay module thingy or have a different BCM.

Considering they've down specced the seat belt mechanism (compared to the USA) anything is possible!
David
KuroNekko

I just tried it. Nope. Nothing. No beep at all. I tried it twice to make sure.
I had my doubts this was actually valid and this confirmed it. Not only that, others have failed to turn off DRLs this way too.
After all, it was from hearsay and no one actually could cite where in the service manual this was actually written.
Similarly, I also believe a live MPH display does not exist. Think about it. If it did, why wouldn't you be able to select it in the display set-up menu? If I can change Fahrenheit to Celsius and MPG to l/100 km in this menu, why wouldn't an option to display live speed be available if it existed?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

KuroNekko wrote: After all, it was from hearsay and no one actually could cite where in the service manual this was actually written.
As I posted earlier it is in the service manual....
David
murcod

bootymac wrote:Let us know if it works. I tried a similar method except it was on/off 5 times and it didn't work. I'll feel a bit cheeky if I was off by 1! :oops:
Five might be right? It says to do the step and then the next step says repeat the previous step four times?

Below is the exact wording from the manual:
1) Push engine switch to change the ignition mode to “ON”.
2) Perform Steps a) through f) described below within 15 seconds after Step 1).
a) Turn lighting switch to CLEARANCE position.
b) Turn lighting switch to OFF position.
c) Repeat Steps a) and b) 4 times.
d) Turn lighting switch to HEAD position.
e) Turn lighting switch to OFF position.
f) Repeat Steps d) and e) 4 times.
3) When Step 2) is completed, the mode changes automatically. Warning buzzer (in combination meter) sounds by the specified number for each mode as follows.
• Changed from “Non-operable” mode to “Operable” mode: Buzzer sounds twice.
• Changed from “Operable” mode to “Non-operable” mode: Buzzer sounds once.
4) After confirming buzzer, push engine switch to change the ignition mode to “OFF”.
David
murcod

bootymac wrote: I assume every vehicle has the module but whether the DRLs are enabled or not depends on the market. It would make sense if there was an easy process to enable or disable them. The GV has a similar process
The wording in the service manual under DRL's is "If Equipped" in the online service manual.

PS: Where did you get the "D-1 Headlight System Circuit Diagram" from in this thread http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3009 . The online service manual has the equivalent "D-1" diagram with no DRL circuitry displayed (unless I'm missing something?) :?

Edit: I worked it out. The online manual appears to be older/ missing info compared to the other pdf version floating around (from a certain Suzuki online info source.)
David