Aftermarket Subwoofer Install equals INSTANT RATTLEBOX

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
bennyp87

Hey guys, new to this site, not new to my Kiz. Bought it last summer as my first "real car," since I'm still a young buck. It was slightly used, but I've always loved the style of them. Test drove one and had to get it. Sporty, roomy and an all around cool car.

Here's a questions that I cannot figure out the answer to, what to do about my aftermarket subs and "Rattle," problem.

I have the 2011, and when I got it first thing I did was came home and dropped my system into it. I have two Rockford P2's and a T-1000 watt amp. Last car it was all in, I could boom and there was no vibration problem.

With the Kiz, she rattles like no car I've ever seen. I pulled the subs out of the trunk and insulated it top to bottom with Dynamat, but it didn't help.

Did anyone else put subs in their car? Did you have this problem? Did you find a solution????

(Glad to of joined and have my first post!)
murcod

Hi, welcome. :)

It's probably a common problem on any new vehicle with that calibre of sub set up. I'm guessing you've lined only the boot with Dynamat? The only solution I can think of is tracking down the source of the rattles and addressing each one - not an easy task. (Or turn the sub level down!)

PS: have you got any pics of how you've set it up?
David
~tc~

Need to know what's rattling ... Could be something as little as sunglasses in the holder.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
sx4rocious

Suzukis are kinda known for this. I know, I have two of them and they both do it...
Shylynn

The rear license plate of both my cars rattles like crazy when the bass hits...solution stuck some card board behind them
2010 Kizashi "The Daily Driver"
2006 350Z "Because Racecar"
KuroNekko

Maybe check for any loose items under the trunk liner. Check the spare tire well and make sure the spare is tightened down. Check the tray that has the jack and other items.
I have the factory RF unit and about the only thing that rattles at high power is the moonroof components like the wind buffer and occasionally, the sun visors inserts. However, your set-up sounds like it's outputting way more power.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bennyp87

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in response.

The whole car shakes, almost violently! I covered the entire trunk in the dynomat (pulled out everything and covered it top to bottom!)

The rear fenders flex, the back window will shake violently, the sunglasses do shake and so does my rear view mirror but that is kind of expected.

I have turned down the level on the bass, mainly because I don't want to the seal from the windows to shake lease and create a water leak.

I actually played with it all weekend and also dropped the back seats to allow for more air flow out of the trunk, still does it. I fear it may be the dimensions and shape of the trunk. I think it may be to compact and causes the entire space to flex. If it doesn't rain here in PA, I think I am going to keep the seat down, rotate the subs pointing the front of the car and see if that helps.

I will post pictures later of the set-up if I remember. Glad to find support though! I should of joined up earlier!
murcod

bennyp87 wrote: The rear fenders flex, the back window will shake violently, the sunglasses do shake and so does my rear view mirror but that is kind of expected.
:shock: Wow, the fenders flex!?

I get the rear view mirror shaking with only my lowly Kenwood head unit powering Focal splits in the front doors - but I'm sure it's a totally different level of "shaking". :)
David
bennyp87

Yeah, my amp runs up to 1,000 watts.

I have a Rockford T-1000 amp and two Rockford p2's in the trunk. In my old car I was able to run the amp at 750 watts to power the subs, but it was a mid 90's tank (Mercuy Cougar).

If I get above half-gain on the amp, it's like the Kiz is Wile E. Coyote and just swallowed a stick of dynamite.

I was hoping there was a work around, but I think it may just be too much power with the shape and size of the trunk. :/
Wonson92

In the way of noises, ever since I installed a sub every couple of days I have to firmly push on the front doors, the interior seems to come a bit loose in the clips (but I have taken off my door panels). I also had to go into the door compartments (front and rear) and push some thin stips of fabric that I cut up into any gaps with a blade, that helped the most. As for shaking your car apart, I have no idea how to combat that :lol:
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat