Aftermarket Subwoofer Install equals INSTANT RATTLEBOX

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SamirD

bennyp87 wrote:The rear fenders flex, the back window will shake violently, the sunglasses do shake and so does my rear view mirror but that is kind of expected.
Dude! I'd be more worried about my hearing! :shock: That's louder than when I was a club photographer and had my ear up against stage speakers. (I wore earplugs and it was still loud.)
SamirD

One thing you could do is get one of those frequency sweep cds and find out what rattles at what frequency and fix them one frequency at a time. Once you're done, nothing should rattle on regular music anymore. 8-)
bennyp87

Yeah, I already ripped the trunk apart but don't want to do more!

Oh well, I have the gain turned down to a level that the bass sounds good but doesn't rock the car apart. I just didn't know if anyone had found out a way to fix it. Whether sub positioning or anything.

I just wanted to unleash the 1,000 watts of fury, but I don't want to shake the Kiz apart, I like her to much!
Woodie

bennyp87 wrote:I have the gain turned down to a level that the bass sounds good but doesn't rock the car apart.
Okay then you've learned how to adjust the bass, let's move on to mid, treble, balance, and fade.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bennyp87

Just turned it down and enjoying what I can get out of it! Like the car too much to worry about it!
MrNWA

I can tell you what rattles I have subs 8n mine too the trunk latch comon on most cars but the headliner around the moon roof in 5he front even just hold your hand on it wl sound way bette lol also the front dome ligt part I literally tore a piece of my business card and put in there flush no1 can see it that helped a lot too
Drem

I have over 1,300 watts total power and I don't have any kind of rattles like you describe. The only real offenders are the sunglasses holder and moon roof slide cover. The only way to fix rattles though is to tackle them 1 by 1 and deal with them by tightening, deadening, or insulating.
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver