FYI: 40% brighter 65W Osram bulbs for headlights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
bootymac

SamirD wrote:
bootymac wrote:Update: The more I drive with these bulbs, the more I love them. They feel just as bright as the HIDs on the Kizashi, which are >3000 lumens.
IMG_20140605_222756.jpg
That does look quite nice. I'll have to try it in the winter since that will keep temperatures at bay and help keep the wiring harnesses from any damage. At least that's what I'm hoping.
I'm sure you'll be fine running these all year. The 55w bulbs get really hot already and the harnesses will only melt if there's a fault in the wiring that causes excessive resistance. Weather won't have much of an impact
~tc~

bootymac wrote:Weather won't have much of an impact
X2 - the wiring is under the hood which will get warm regardless of the weather.

I'm having a hard time seeing a significant difference in the GIF. Certainly nothing like the difference between stock and HID.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

bootymac wrote:I'm sure you'll be fine running these all year. The 55w bulbs get really hot already and the harnesses will only melt if there's a fault in the wiring that causes excessive resistance. Weather won't have much of an impact
Thank you for the explanation. This also probably explains how my Altima harness melted with stock bulbs back in the day. I just cut the wire and joined it back together and it worked fine after that.
KuroNekko

I ordered these bulbs from Ebay tonight. I also ordered some H7 HD harnesses just in case. I've seen my fair share of melted/damaged OE harnesses even from stock bulbs on various cars. The Kizashi's OE H7 harness and wires don't look too impressive so I wanted some insurance, especially from heat damage. Hence, I ordered these on Ebay as well:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)