Wix Cabin Air Filter for $14.44 shipped or less.

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Triggerhappy

Wix cabin air filters for our Kizashis are expensive. I was going to buy the Fram Clean Breeze air filter again and saw that CF10546 was interchangeable with Wix 24685. I bought it and clip the plastic tab off just like the CF10546 and it fits just fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cabin-Air-Filte ... 54&vxp=mtr

It was $12.74 from a different seller a few days ago, but I bought the last one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1129128084
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
bootymac

Good find about modifying it to fit. That's a really good price.

How often are you guys changing the cabin filter? I've found that they rarely get dirty on my other vehicles...
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Good find about modifying it to fit. That's a really good price.

How often are you guys changing the cabin filter? I've found that they rarely get dirty on my other vehicles...
I think it really depends on where you live. Places around dirt roads, construction, trees with heavy pollen, and insects will get dirty faster.
I recall that after massive wild fires in So Cal about 10 years ago, it was recommended that people replace their air filters in their cars. Ash was falling like snow even in places nearly 100 miles away. I recall the news advising people to replace cabin air filters in their cars.
So basically, all kinds of factors determine how often one should replace it.

Here's a photo of mine from when I replaced it recently in the Kizashi:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 69&p=27988

It's super easy and quick to check it. No tools necessary. You don't even need to unhinge the glove box if your hands can fit like mine did.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Depends upon how you use the recirculate setting too. I NEVER use recirculate, always set for fresh air intake. That would increase the flow through the filter.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
BxKizashiS

I got 40k and I never changed mine.. I need to asap lol
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
bootymac

BxKizashiS wrote:I got 40k and I never changed mine.. I need to asap lol
Let us know how bad it looks!
KuroNekko

I'm curious to see Weshoot2's cabin air filter. He has over 120,000 miles on his Kizashi and claims to have never changed the filter despite regularly driving on dirt roads.
He probably has a compost garden for a cabin air filter.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kelevra

KuroNekko wrote:I'm curious to see Weshoot2's cabin air filter. He has over 120,000 miles on his Kizashi and claims to have never changed the filter despite regularly driving on dirt roads.
He probably has a compost garden for a cabin air filter.
Prolly right..! Nasty!
BxKizashiS

extremely dirty, wow!
Attachments
after 42k i finally decided to change out my cabin air filter and here it is! lol
after 42k i finally decided to change out my cabin air filter and here it is! lol
cabinairfilters.jpg (113.97 KiB) Viewed 8275 times
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
bootymac

BxKizashiS wrote:extremely dirty, wow!
Yikes! Time and mileage on the old filter?