Electric/Convinience Mods

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SamirD

Oh, I'm not talking about a HID retrofit kit--I'm talking about getting some genuine Kizashi HID headlights from another continent. There seems like there's a different sub-harness that may be available that goes to the HID headlights, which would just be a part to order along with the lights. If the main harness is the same and the washer switch panel just needs a switch, that part will be easy.

If the main harness contains all the wiring for an HID setup, then the levelers and such would hopefully just 'work'. Unless they are computer controlled or something, which would be odd.
MrNWA

Any ideas for a heated steering wheel would be great loli was gonna rip 1 off a maxima or altima
avluis

MrNWA wrote:Any ideas for a heated steering wheel would be great loli was gonna rip 1 off a maxima or altima
LOL! I was just thinking about this since we had a snow storm pass by a few days ago. Car is super cold in the morning and that steering wheel and shifter could use a heating pad.
SamirD wrote:Oh, I'm not talking about a HID retrofit kit--I'm talking about getting some genuine Kizashi HID headlights from another continent. There seems like there's a different sub-harness that may be available that goes to the HID headlights, which would just be a part to order along with the lights. If the main harness is the same and the washer switch panel just needs a switch, that part will be easy.

If the main harness contains all the wiring for an HID setup, then the levelers and such would hopefully just 'work'. Unless they are computer controlled or something, which would be odd.
You know Suzuki is difficult like that. It will most likely be computer controller or require a box (would have to look).
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

avluis wrote:You know Suzuki is difficult like that. It will most likely be computer controller or require a box (would have to look).
From what I remember reading about it in the service manual, it seems like it would just be plug and play.
avluis

SamirD wrote:
avluis wrote:You know Suzuki is difficult like that. It will most likely be computer controller or require a box (would have to look).
From what I remember reading about it in the service manual, it seems like it would just be plug and play.
I would love this to be the case. Would have to research more since I have not read about the stock HIDs (I have my own Morimoto pair).

--

So apologies for the silence, I have been a bit busy with a group of 3D printer enthusiasts and since then I have picked one up myself so yeah...

I completed the install for my heated seats (the electronics side, I already had the heating element in the seats) and I can now control my aftermarket Rostra kit with the stock A/C panel.
I need to add an additional heating element to the passenger side, so I may take that opportunity to take pictures then.
If you know how to work with PCB design software like eagleCAD, then I have shared my design on github for anyone to look at.
I need to add a few more things to the firmware - but the essentials are in there. Works like a charm so far.
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.