Mobil One rebate

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
bdleonard

By the terms there should be 2 rejections, but I hope you get them both anyway. Stranger things have happened.

AAP and Carquest are one company, but even if that mattered, Carquest is not participating until 4/1.
nytq

Probably. But I would have purchased regardless. 2 minutes to submit online so what the heck why not try.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
nytq

Just got my rebate
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
bdleonard

Very nice! I'm glad it worked out.
Woodie

bdleonard wrote:Walmart is certainly an "Authorized Retailer" in that they are an official seller of the Mobil1 line of products supplied to them by ExxonMobil. What Walmart is NOT is a "Participating Retailer", which means a retailer of Mobil oil products that has agreed with ExxonMobil to participate in this particular promotion, likely at some additional cost to the retailer.
We'll keep all of that in mind this afternoon as we combine out Mobil One/Wallmart rebates to pay for dinner as we watch the Kentucky Derby.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bdleonard

I stand by my reading of the terms. It is very clearly written. ExxonMobil would be justified in rejecting every rebate submitted from a retailer that is not on their participating retailer list. They didn't in this case, and that is a great deal. If you expect this to work out every time, you are likely to be disappointed frequently.

My take is generally that if I'm buying the product anyway, l'll try the rebate but I won't expect to get it. I'd say historically I've got about a 50% success rate in situations like this. That's not bad, but no sure thing either.