Mobil One rebate

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Woodie

Use this mail-in rebate:

https://apfco.net/secure/R8235W/Content/OfferForm.pdf

You get $12 off of any Mobil1 5 qt jug.

Walmart's the cheapest out of all places that I've been to @ $26-27.

$27-$12= $15 or $3 per quart average.

If you go for the Mobil1 Performance Oil Filter as well, you get $15 off.

Don't know about other markets, might be North America only.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
nytq

Thanks. I'll be sure to use this as I only use Mobil 1 products.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
bdleonard

I seriously doubt that Walmart is a "Participating Retailer" for this kind of promotion. Make sure that you check the list and buy at an approved store if you want to get the rebate.
bdleonard

And that seems to be the case, the list appears to be here:
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil ... obil-super
nytq

Interesting that you pointed that out. Walmart has sold Mobil 1 products for years. Why wouldn't it be an "authorized retailer? It is not on Mobile 1's list. Walmart does have the most consistently cheap pricing on the oils, but I have never seen Mobil 1 filters at walmart. It may not be worth it to pay full retail at a auto parts store and than go thru the hassle of submitting the rebate.

Got to love the fine print!
KuroNekko

The last time I bought my Pennzoil Platinum at Walmart, the jug had a little coupon attached to it. It was for a $10 mail-in rebate. I got the check about 3 months later.
:roll:

I like the way Costco does their rebates: instant manufacturer rebates at the register. That's how I bought my Mobil 1 last time though Costco sells 6 individual bottles in a box and you buy by the box.

Costco doesn't sell oil filters and Walmart seems to only carry their store brand, FRAM, and now Bosch oil filters. I'm currently using a Bosch Distance Plus oil filter I got at Walmart, but I usually buy my filters in auto parts stores like Autozone.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nytq

LOL, I sent Mobil 1 an email inquiry about the rebate and authorized retailers. The answer was I had to call them.

Too Funny.

Someone actually read my email. And responded with please call.

Why? Who knows. But obviously if I wanted to call, I would have done that to begin with. I'm not bothering, so if anyone is interested in knowing why, please call.
bootymac

Ah, the "We don't want this in writing" response
bdleonard

nytq wrote:Interesting that you pointed that out. Walmart has sold Mobil 1 products for years. Why wouldn't it be an "authorized retailer? It is not on Mobile 1's list. Walmart does have the most consistently cheap pricing on the oils, but I have never seen Mobil 1 filters at walmart. It may not be worth it to pay full retail at a auto parts store and than go thru the hassle of submitting the rebate.

Got to love the fine print!
Walmart is certainly an "Authorized Retailer" in that they are an official seller of the Mobil1 line of products supplied to them by ExxonMobil. What Walmart is NOT is a "Participating Retailer", which means a retailer of Mobil oil products that has agreed with ExxonMobil to participate in this particular promotion, likely at some additional cost to the retailer.
nytq

I submitted 2 receipts. One from Advance Auto and one from Walmart. Let's see what happens.