2012 Kizashi GTS door pillars

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
grangg15

Looking for the best way to fix or replace the door pillars. My boyfriend was cleaning spray paint off my windows (overspray from a furniture project I was doing) and accidently got the pillars.The spray paint remover basically ate through the glossy finish and they have blotchy white spots now- looks terrible and nothing I did would make it go away. Any suggestions? Has anyone replaced these parts or should I just cover them up. I've seen chrome pillars but I dont want to go chrome-just want the glossy black back.
Ronzuki

I'd go for salvage yard parts to replace something like that. Shouldn't be that expensive if you can find them.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
DesRado

My pillars (assuming the two between the front and back doors) are scuffed from something. Not sure how to go about the repair so I'm leaving it alone for now.

You could always plasti dip the pillars a matte black to get rid of the spots and make it even on both sides. I think they might also have a glossifier or something that may help.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

Speed_Racer

You could also throw on some 3M vinyl auto wrap on those pillars - in gloss black or a carbon fiber print?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
grangg15

Yea I may go the vinyl way to start while I look for new parts. Thanks for the advice. Also, does anyone know if the pillars are just glued on? I didnt notice any screws on the other side of the door frame.