Kizashi Tow Hook Thread Size

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
DesRado

As the title states, does anyone know the size of the Kizashi's (or standard Suzuki) tow thread. I'l like to place a licence plate holder in that location (No drilling necessary!) so my front plate doesn't get dinged up any more from stuff my car has to straddle on the road (Mine currently sits attached to the bottom of the bumper in front of the lower grill).

Also wondering about the reverse threading... Would it have it? How might I find reverse threaded bolts if I need to DIY this?

It would look similar to this:

2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

I think the easiest way to figure out threading is to examine the towing eyelet. It's in your trunk under the liner. After all, when your car needs towing, the cover comes off the bumper and you screw in the eyelet for the tow hooks to attach to. I'm inclined to think many of these eyelets have the same threading but I am not sure.

However, there is an alternative...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749642
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DesRado

I'll check that out when I have time.

As far as ghetto rigging it, LOL. Maybe a simple bolt and somehow attach it to a plate with holes in it. Then thread that into the tow eyelet and attach plate. Easier said than done I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP