DRLs and Fogs Only

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
DesRado

Just wondering if anyone would know how to get the fog lights and high beams to work together. I have yellow high beams and yellow fogs and would like to run them together without the regular low beams. Basically I would just need the fogs to run without the headlights on, that way they can be on with the drl's.

The switch I presume would still allow me not to have them on when unwanted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

bootymac

I found some info a while ago but didn't pursue it

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831
DesRado

Hmm, I need to make sense of this. Thanks

Marcov71

How difficult was it to change the foglight bulb? What kind did u get? Back in the day I was a fan of Luminics bulbs. Nice rich yellow in color.
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
DesRado

Pretty easy to change the fogs, the bumper doesn't have to come off, just the cover beneath it. The bulbs turn and come out simple enough.

I got Optilux Extreme Yellow H11 12V 55W bulbs. On amazon they are ~$20. They are a real nice deep yellow, I got the same yellow in H7s for my high beams. When it gets cold outside, you can warm your hands with them hahaha, I know because I would do that while standing outside chatting with friends.

Marcov71

Cool, hopefully I can get to it before weather gets too cold. Friend trying to convince me to get PIAAS at $100 a pop!! Yikes!
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
DesRado

I don't know about you, but that's a little high for lights I don't truly need so often. I mainly like the look, but conditions hardly need them to be used where I live.

Woodie

The factory lights are ten times what anyone had in 1970. Yet somehow, we all managed to drive at night.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
nytq

Marcov71 wrote:Cool, hopefully I can get to it before weather gets too cold. Friend trying to convince me to get PIAAS at $100 a pop!! Yikes!
I use the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow's in my High Beams. You can get them from $50-$70 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIAA-H7-Plasma- ... 2ecfdd2295

I think they look great and so far have lasted over 2 years.

I've got cheapo Yellow HID's in the fogs, and they look great too. Haven't had much trouble with them other than replacing a bulb every year to 2 years.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

Marcov71 wrote:Cool, hopefully I can get to it before weather gets too cold. Friend trying to convince me to get PIAAS at $100 a pop!! Yikes!
At that price, you're much better off getting HIDs, or better yet, LED bulbs. Better output and longer life.
LEDs are suitable for fog lights because they don't need to cast a focused beam very far. Fog lights are designed to cast a flood of light in the area right in front of the car, under the low beams.
I have HIDs in my fog lights that are 3000K for a golden yellow color. I only use them in inclement weather when it's dark.
The Kizashi actually features pocket-like housings on the inside of the Sport bumper that serves perfectly for holding HID ballasts.

This is a good thread on upgrading fog lights. The images above are of my car from this thread.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2919
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)