New speakers

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
berning421

Hey all,

Looking to replace the front and rear speakers in my 2010 kizashi with the Rockford fosgate system. I've already replaced the HU with an app radio 4 and added a 550w amp with 2 12' subs.

I'm looking to replace the front and rear with Polk db6501 component speakers and the matching coaxials in the back.

Will I need any additional hardware for mounting or connecting the speakers to the wiring harness? Is it pretty much plug and play with the holes? Just wanting to make sure I don't have to drill or add anything extra.

Also, will the stock amp be sufficient enough to push the speakers or should I get another aftermarket amp? Will I be able to tell a big difference between the two?

Thanks
pyr0maniac

Hi. Sorry, I'm not understanding you correctly. Are you looking to replace your stock system with the RF system, or are you looking to replace your RF system with an aftermarket one?

What ever the case may be, I got a bit of info. to share with you. Firstly, keep in mind the factory amp that comes with the RF system does some processing such as active crossover, time alignment, etc., all these things have a huge impact on sound and (imo) is the reason the factory RF system sounds so good; you may find yourself displeased if you 'upgrade' (unless you do away with the passive crossovers that come with the Polks and wire it the same way as the stock system). Secondly, there's a very comprehensive wiring diagram for the Kizashi's audio system floating around on this forum somewhere, see if that's of any help.
berning421

Looking to replace the current Rf system with the Polks, but keep the current Rf amp and use it for the Polks