DIY CVT Filter Change and Flush

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
DiggerDerrik

Also I flushed a lot more then was written. I used a full 12 quarts through the whole process. Which is more then needed. But I had it laying around.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Motasem

Is that okay flashing only by draining without change filter and o-ring?
bdleonard

Motasem wrote:Is that okay flashing only by draining without change filter and o-ring?
Doing a drain and fill, without touching the filters is certainly fine. Although you'll only be changing about 40% of the fluid that way (about 4 quarts out of nearly 9 quarts total). Be sure that you refill with the same amount of fluid you drained out, the CVT can be quite sensitive to proper fluid level.