Cover for backup camera?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
dslatsh

Does anyone know if there's a cover of some sort for the backup camera or has anyone tried to make something for it? I think the placement of the camera would have been better in the middle of the trunk more, although I know they have that spot to pop the trunk but maybe could have put it a tad over so there was more of the car it's self covering the lens. Just be nice to have something shielding it so when it rains hits that more etc..
SamirD

I was just thinking about the same thing yesterday when I had to wipe the lens for the second time in 3 days.

A simple slip on plastic cover would be nice, but I think with the wide angle of the lens, almost any cover will cut off the picture from the camera. :(
RedGeminiPA

I'm going to apply Rain-X on mine when I do the back window and mirrors. That should help a little with crap sticking to it.
2011 Sport GTS FWD CVT Nav
Altoona PA
bootymac

Does Rain X work well on the rear window?
SamirD

RedGeminiPA wrote:I'm going to apply Rain-X on mine when I do the back window and mirrors. That should help a little with crap sticking to it.
It should. Let us know what your findings are. It's such a small area to do that it would take more time to prep than actually apply. :lol:
Speed_Racer

bootymac wrote:Does Rain X work well on the rear window?

Works amazing - dew/water blows right off once you hit about 40 mph.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000