Front speaker where handle is crackling?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
dslatsh

I have a 2011 kizashi...with the rockford fosgate sound system and nav head unit...just today while driving home the music all of sudden cut off and was only playing on the rear speakers and center speaker. With that being said I heard a crackling coming from the front driver side speaker be mounted in the door handle. The crackle kind of sounds like feed back crackle and doesn't matter what song it is...it's there but you can only hear it with the volume down...anyone got any ideas?
dslatsh

The speaker I'm referring to is the tweeter btw sorry...
Ronzuki

Hard to say what went...H.U. or the amp. The amp is located in the trunk, pass. side quarter panel area behind the lining. God awful expensive part...it was @$1,100 new long before Suzuki pulled out of N. America. Mine was replaced under warranty way back when for volume fluctuation issue when the amp got too hot.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
dslatsh

Well whats weird is....the audio played in back then came back to front . Crackle still there...but...if I turn the car off and lock my driver door it makes a buzzing sound from that area...no other door does this
dslatsh

okay so update....the crackle went away...if it is there then it's super low where you can't hear it.. Now i'm wondering if this has something to do with the aftermarket remote starter previous owner installed? Maybe he didn't do a good job etc and it's interfering with the tweeter? I just recently started using it...i've never had this noise or occurrence before. Now when it was doing it I noticed that when i started the car even with the radio off there would be the crackle...with the door unlocked..if i locked the door the crackle went away...then if unlocked came back...if i turned radio on would be there. So one question i'm curious to ask if when you turn your car off and if you sit inside it anyone else have a buzzing sound coming from their door when you lock the car...seems like it comes from the tweeter only from the drivers door?
dslatsh

Okay now I dunno what to do....maybe the amp got damaged from the remote start? Now the audio will play but will all of sudden cut sound to the front door speakers so the only sound that can be heard is from the center speaker, rear door speakers, and trunk speakers.
SamirD

Sounds like one of the Kizashi electrical gremlins I heard about from a dealership.

Something like this can happen from just a bad ground. That's where I would start checking.
jason.rattle

my car just started doing this exact thing, swapped in another factory head unit and it is still there. Checked wiring, speakers; and wiring diagrams are pretty simple. did you ever find anything?