CVT fluid drain and fill

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
eatrocks

Cause 'somebody' (not going to accuse a "professional") put the wrong stuff in it.[/quote]

You mean the professionals at the Suzuki plant in Japan?!?!! Aren't all kizashis factory filled with the red stuff?!

I checked cvt fluid, looks the same as it did 50k miles ago, dark red. Levels still good.

I've decided to roll the dice and not do a cvt fluid change. It's not a normal auto with multiple clutches, just one. I think Cvts started as sealed units...my friend assumed it was sealed lol.
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Ronzuki

The stuff in my Kiz is green-ish. The stuff in the SX4's CVT is green-ish. The stuff in the Suzuki CVT fluid bottle I have is green-ish.

Factory filled with red ATF? Hard to believe, but anything's possible. How do you know it's the factory fill? Did you buy the car brand new, with near zero miles on it, from a zuk dealer?

"Professionals" at a Ford dealership needlessly yanked a manual trans out of a brand new 1992 Explorer and put in my 1991 to solve a problem, they carelessly injected, with the clutch (not trans) that functioned perfectly prior to their monkeying around while replacing a leaking rear main engine seal under warranty. Where do you suppose my 1991 8-9k mile transmission ended up? Yeah, those types of 'professionals'.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
GammaRay

I changed my cvt fluid in my 2012 SLS AWD at around 70000, and it was also a pinkish/red color. Yes, my Kizzy was brand new when purchased with only 40 miles(give or take) on the odometer.

It's been about 3 months now, and the car no longer makes that god awful whine...Thought that noise was normal until I changed the cvt fluid. Synthtic Pennzoil CVT-2 was the fluid I used.
Ronzuki

Thanks for the report. Follow-ups are always good to hear about. What brand and type of fluid did you use?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)